Sign in to follow this  
Nur

A Wild Story

Nur   

Name Change!

A dog applied for a name change at the Jungle Headquarters for animal social rehabilitation center (ASRC).

The application reached the office of His Royal Highness King of the Jungle, The lion. The lion calmly read the application.

" Your honor" the letter read, " I am tired of being ridiculed as a dog, everywhere I go, i am ridiculed, even the cat is respected for having a personality of her own, but apart from being called a man's best friend, I have no life of my own, it's pathetic, I need to change my life to get some respect and I need to start with a name change immediately. If I change my name, I believe that I will be respected and honored" read the application letter.

" OK, I will approve your name change, but you have to prove that you are worthy of a new respectable name" said the lion. " I accept the challenge your honor, try me! what should I do?" asked the dog.

"Well, take this piece of leg-of-lamb, and keep it untouched for 24 hours and bring it back tomorrow and don't be tempted to eat it, or else, I will not approve your name change"

" That is a deal" said the dog, and off it ran with the piece of meat. After ten hours or so, the dog started to salivate at the sight and smell of the delicious piece of meat, "I am not going to eat it" reassured the dog himself, as time progressed, the dog's determination and will weakened and the temptation intensified by the whiff of meat's aroma, each time, the dog fought back the temptation with a diminishing resolve.

At the last minute, the dog couldn't take the temptation anymore, " Who said a "dog" is a bad name after all?" asked the dog himself.

Moral of the Story

Those who lack resolve and patience in reaching their goals, succumb to their desires and end up changing their goals!

And as for those who have no goals in their lives, any road can take them there!

Nur