Sign in to follow this  
Burn Notice

HRN Oil Update

NASSIR   

nuune;799993 wrote:
They did, but in different areas, some places don't even need exploration as in the case I mentioned, just waiting to be refined lee.

As recent as last year, they were talking about dhuun dheer oo tuubo intey isticmaalaan and transport this oil to a region next to Somaligalbeed(anywhere safe), but they have failed, and then they talked about buying 250 tanker trucks that will ship the crude oil from that place to a refinery in Addis Ababa, that too failed, waxaa la yiri xoolo aadan laheyn hadaad u tashato adna waa laguu tashan,
so while the Tigrey is talking about stealing our resources, then there is another unseen force that makes their whole planning go astray.

Nuune, What you say of the forced assimilation policies of that brutal regime? It seems it has been working on winning the hearts of some local groups through , perhaps, threats, intimidation , incentives and outright eradication of lives and properties.

care of Dafy our resident Geologist

All good news but the fat lady hasn't sung yet. Oil and gas shows are good, progress is painfully slow but that's not really an issue. If they're running LWD they'll have a pretty good idea what the quality of those sands and shales are already but will confirm with the wireline logs. 9-5/8" shoe is a normal planned depth with one or two liners following and we should know soon what the first proper target reveals. Positive RNS but doesn't really justify the RMP response. Suspect they're being cagey with their info and JR seemed to know the 400m thing too soon for them to be giving us latest news. I always suspect they are deeper than they profess. They said it's an anticline which is basically a big domed sequence so a very typical trap with apparently no migration into the upper soils. Good update but it doesn't mean it's a winner quite yet but all the signs are good. I must stress that the biggest bonus is no problems and I'll be happy when they get that production casing in and cemented. Not long to wait now but keep the champagne cork in, maybe just take the wire off in preparation.

Raamsade   

It doesn't mean they found oil. All the updates says is that the "moment of truth" is approaching as they got through the "seal" which is what keeps the hydrocarbons "sealed" in. Interestingly enough, northern Somalia didn't exist as a distinct geographic space during the late Cretaceous (100-150 million years ago) era and the Jurassic (150-200 million years ago) era, the geological strata they plan to drill into. Neither did Saudi/Arab peninsula I think. Almost all oil reserves are found in parts of the earth that are 65-600 million years old.

Burn Notice;800213 wrote:
care of Dafy our resident Geologist

All good news but the fat lady hasn't sung yet. Oil and gas shows are good, progress is painfully slow but that's not really an issue. If they're running LWD they'll have a pretty good idea what the quality of those sands and shales are already but will confirm with the wireline logs. 9-5/8" shoe is a normal planned depth with one or two liners following and we should know soon what the first proper target reveals. Positive RNS but doesn't really justify the RMP response. Suspect they're being cagey with their info and JR seemed to know the 400m thing too soon for them to be giving us latest news. I always suspect they are deeper than they profess. They said it's an anticline which is basically a big domed sequence so a very typical trap with apparently no migration into the upper soils. Good update but it doesn't mean it's a winner quite yet but all the signs are good. I must stress that the biggest bonus is no problems and I'll be happy when they get that production casing in and cemented. Not long to wait now but keep the champagne cork in, maybe just take the wire off in preparation.

Great news, thanks for the update...

AYOUB   

Archdemos;799931 wrote:
So what does this mean. Any geologists care to give a more detailed analysis of the above statement.

I'm not a geologist but I think they want you to buy shares in the company. :)

The drilling is going real well, there is already excitement on the ground, locals and those working in the drilling site have been in a jubilant mood.