Sign in to follow this  
burahadeer

Ethiopian explaining somalis to white guy:D

Raamsade   

Faarah22, I don't get your drift at all. What you just listed is 18th century psuedoscientific racial categories. There is no scientific basis in these categories. If you disagree, please provide evidence. I gotta hit the sack now, so I'll respond tomorrow if you provide evidence. I'm not interested in popular prejudices and folktales.

faarah22   

you denying the obvious raamsade. so what next there are there no species, plant types, we are all same no matter how different we look outwardly ? evidence, common sense say otherwise. crude 18th century supremacist does not make all race science wrong. remember humans and chimps are 99 percent similiar. anyways check this http://discovermagazine.com/2007/may/is-there-a-genetic-basis-to-race-after-all

It's the norm in Ethiopia that any ethnic group who keep power for 10 yrs see thmslvs super! next you see Tigres claiming Israelites...non african mean 5* for these peasants.

faarah22   

it's not the norm. amhara have been the rulers of ethiopia since it's history began. so naturally they feel superior. amharic is the mother tongue. i think if you remove the tigre period of the melez then no other ethnic group ruled ethiopia. by far the best leadership is the current one though.

True,they been in power for so long & that's why they so ignorant,blinded by ethnocentrism even thou rest of ethiopians see as the most wretched period in their history...hence nothing to be proud of.

Raamsade   

faarah22;795537 wrote:
you denying the obvious raamsade. so what next there are there no species, plant types, we are all same no matter how different we look outwardly ? evidence, common sense say otherwise. crude 18th century supremacist does not make all race science wrong. remember humans and chimps are 99 percent similiar. anyways check this

The article in the link doesn't demonstrate race exists in any scientifically meaningful way. All it says is "asians" and "europeans" sometimes react differently to certain drugs. To any discernible mind this is problematic because "asian" refers to inhabitants of geographical area not clearly defined species. In fact, all humans belong to the same species and there are no sub-species that can potentially be considered as "races." This is why people who bandy about pseudoscientific terms like Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Negroid etc never define these terms. If they did, along genetype or phenotype, they'll be easily demolished. If phenotypes and genotypes aren't sufficient for classifying humans into distinct categories, then what is?

"Race, in terms of deep-seated biological differences, doesn't exist scientifically. We are 99.9 per cent identical roughly, at the genetic level. That's actually a remarkably low level of genetic diversity compared to other species of large primates. It represents a population bottleneck event some 70,000 years ago when the population dropped down to as few as 2,000 people. We came back from that, and our genome reflects that." - Spencer Wells