Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Poll on London Masjid.....

Blessed   

As-salamu Alaikum,

The GLA (London Mayors Office) is currently in the process of deciding the fate of the proposed £100m London Masjid .

Evening Standard is running a poll of those in support and those not in support of building the masjid.

Please give your vote for a good cause.

Please, go to the site below and vote "YES" to the Masjid proposal and also forward this message to all Muslims you know and other supporters.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/poll/poll-18791-details/ques-18669-id/%C2%A3100m+mosque%3A+Vote+now/poll.do

Opposition

p.s I've seen the desings for this masjid recently.. It's absolutely stunning. London needs it.

mantra   

100 million pounds!

East London Mosque alone is 800,000 pounds in debt. Wouldn't it be a better idea to expand our masaajids, and pay off their huge debts (almost all the mosques in London i've been to ask for donations to help pay off their immense debts) instead of building yet another mosque, no matter how beautiful it could be?

Haneefah   

Wa alaikumu salam,

100 million does seem a little on the israaf side, wouldn't you say?

I've received your email abt it, thanks, and I already voted yes. Insha'Allah it will be a successful project. :cool:

Blessed   

^waa israaf iyo nus. Laakin, after considering all those rich Muslims that don't know what to do with their Money, it's feasible.

Mantra,

I share your concerns about Masjid debt but it's unfair to ask Muslims from other neighborhoods to veto plans for a local masjid because a masjid in another part of London is in debt. Have you seen the state of Masjids in Forest Gate?

It's also not just a masjid, but a school, dawah centre with leisure facilities and would be accessible for all the people who will be attending the Olympic games. Imagine the dawah opportunity.

Stunning has a deeper meaning sis, it actually looks kind of weird to me, it’s very modern [http://www.myaa-arq.com ] but am a huge fan of traditional Islamic architecture.

To view the plans on the website, click on the Abbey Mills project- UK.

Some of the concerns coming from the opposition are 'shockingly' ignorant which highlights the need for such a project :D