Sign in to follow this  
Timur

Sanaag community meets with President Faroole, asks to join Exploration

Timur   

http://www.galgalanews.com/?p=8629

I am happy for reer Sanaag/Galbeedka Bari, they have realized that no one is out there to rob them of their resource wealth and that they will be left in the dust if they decide to live in the stone age while the rest of Puntland looks to join the modern world. They see how the progress of such resource discoveries has already brought peace among the clans of Bari and that oil has thus far brought only good, even when it has not been tapped yet. The rest of the Somali people will drop their petty disputes and insecurities and join those who have begun working for a better tomorrow.

The community said to President Faroole, "Bring the companies of progress to our regions so we can turn the rocks beneath our soil into the rocks that build Las Qoray!"

Mansha Allah! :)

Timur   

I'm not sure what this is, but it certainly looks like it.

Just as every community in mid-19th century Northern California mobilized to take advantage of the resources on their land, every community in Northeastern Somalia today is rushing to dig for a better life. It would be counter-productive to sit idly while drought ravaged the land, when you can acquire the means to get out of that poverty. And as much as newborn-environmentalist Somalis want to nag about the inconveniences of resource exploration from their lofty suburbs in the diaspora, a desperate and poor community in rural Somalia will look at things entirely differently

Insha Allah, everything works out. This is a case in which the people voiced their requests---excuse me, I mean demands---to excavate their resources. I say, give the people what they want.

NASSIR   

Timur, There were many of them at the oil exploration ceremony, particularly the main Garaad of Dhahar. Recall past conflicts were triggered by lack of consent from the community (revisit old articles).

Timur   

NASSIR;783771 wrote:
Timur, There were many of them at the oil exploration ceremony, particularly the main Garaad of Dhahar. Recall past conflicts were triggered by lack of consent from the community (revisit old articles).

I'm aware of the reasons for past conflicts and the reasoning behind them, and at no point during that period did I stand against their right to resist previous campaigns by Cadde Muuse to explore their regions.

Its good to see that things have changed and that the people of the region (starting with their leaders) are not taking a backseat to these big events.