Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Faisal Ali Waraabe: Somaliland needs to adjust to new Somalia.

Carafaat   

Somalia: 'Somaliland has no relations with int'l community' - Opposition

29 Jan 29, 2012 - 8:34:08 AM

HARGEYSA, Somalia Jan 29 2012 (Garowe Online) – A prominent opposition party leader in the Somaliland government Faisal Ali Warabe who spoke to reporters said that Somaliland does not have good relations with the international community and the Somaliland government needed to adjust to the new Somalia, Radio Garowe reports.

Faisal Ali Warabe chairman of the Justice and Welfare Party of Somaliland (UCID) who spoke to reporters said that Somaliland government needed to adjust to the changing political outlook of Somalia. “We have to adjust to the changes in politics around us so Somaliland does not collapse politically,” said Mr. Warabe.

When asked about the international relations Somaliland has the opposition leader responded Somaliland has no real international relations with the international community.

Mr. Warabe spoke about the upcoming meeting in UK, where different autonomous regions in Somalia and the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) of Somalia are invited to meet in London on the 23 of February. Mr. Warabe stated that if Somaliland attends the conference or not, is not important what is important that Somalia comes out of the meeting with a unified policy.

According to reports Somaliland has been courted by many UK officials to join the different states in Somalia that are attending the meeting in which issues such as security, political process, and international cooperation will be discussed.

Mr. Warabe who gave a 10 minute interview, spoke about the Puntland government, Somaliland’s neighbor to the east. Mr Warabe said, "Puntland is leading the Somali national politics. The TFG Prime Minister is from Puntland. Farole [Puntland President] is hosting a national conference in Garowe."

Somaliland’s policies in the contested areas of Sool, Sanag, and Ayn have caused much controversy lately, resulting in protests and battles that led to many deaths in the contested areas. Somaliland also had problems in the region of Awdal which was a region of Somaliland for many years, recently declared itself as a state of Somalia.

Somaliland, located in northwest Somalia, unilaterally declared independence from the rest of the country in 1991 but has not been recognized internationally. Somaliland and Puntland enjoy relative stability compared to the rest of the country.

GAROWE ONLINE

Somalia;782164 wrote:
^^ Here's the audio of Faisal Waraabe sounding very scared.

i wanted to post the link, but then i thought what's the point these people lack logic and would instead spin it in way that make no sense but to themselves. Anyway, i can't wait for their illogical responses.

Carafaat   

Carafaat;782149 wrote:
Faisal Ali Warabe chairman of the Justice and Welfare Party of Somaliland (UCID) who spoke to reporters said that Somaliland government needed to adjust to the changing political outlook of Somalia. “
We have to adjust to the changes in politics around us so Somaliland does not collapse politically,” said Mr. Warabe.

Faisal is a smart politicians who senses the changing political tide. And he is right.

NGONGE   

^^ Things have been changing for years yet they always stay the same. Have you any concrete evidence of this 'change' this time? Don't say it's three-president's Madusa (or was it Khaatumo). Don't tell me it's www.awdalstate.com..Don't tell me it's the conference in London. What is it warya? My eyes are wide open but I can't see anything.

Carafaat   

Ngonge, I am not talking about those futile and trivial discussion and issue's between Waqooyi communities. I am talking about Somalia, Southern part to be specific. things are changing. Al Shabaab is definetly out of Moqdishu, Gedo and Beletweyn. And the big polarizations between communities seem to have ended. most people are ready for a compromise, governance and wada-deganaasho. nobody in south-Somalia who is calling for waging wars or blood thirsty. dagaal waan ka daalnay.

laakinse you and your abtiyaal have issue, you need work them out. not good for Burco and Erigaco either.

kkkkk

This really sound like a sinned man in a confession box "Father, I want to tell you something, I have sinned....."

His voice is really depressing.

Carafaat   

NGONGE;782233 wrote:
You don't know if your'e coming or going, Carafaat.
:D

Depends if you guys will open the door of the closet and come out or will stay locked up. :D

NGONGE   

Carafaat;782248 wrote:
Depends if you guys will open the door of the closet and come out or will stay locked up.
:D

No idea what that means. Are you talking about the London thing again? :D