Yusuf and Egal and Aideed Have Confused Dr_Osman

Dr_Osman   

Abdullahi Yusuf

5a1bcc8a81f92fc09619b11f1374_grande.jpg

Aideed

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLb9RSYkExIcWGQlSUvAe

Egal

020208_egal300.jpg

This has always disturbed me but the 3 leaders I have pictured why did 2 of those leaders namely yusuf and egal lead their people into progress in the most inhospitable part of Somalia and even more so for Yusuf. Why did Aideed not progress his people when they not only had access to the central region for livestock but more importantly the southern regions for agriculture and the capital city which pretty much hands the national government into your hands!!!

Some of people have said that the southern areas is diverse and not one clan has the upper hand over another which leads to competition. Ok thats fine I accept that argument for mogadishu, but why couldn't you even progress the peaceful areas where fighting was minimal after 94-95 till around 2006 like galguduud which is not diverse and one clan has the upper-hand!!!

I look into the Aideed wider clan area be it the lush green south or the arid central there lacks progress. You may point to lack of progress in gedo and jubboyinka but lets not kid ourselves these guys are surrounded by non-peace loving warlords and the fact remains that aideed wider clan is by far the supreme actor in the south.

So I am not sure what has caused Aideed too fall behind and for egal and yusuf folks to progress considering their regions are deserts and it's the only areas in Somalia you see progress on the ground regardless of how limited it may-be but the desire is there that same sort of desire is evidently lacking in the Aideed's wider clan family. Even galmudug established now for 5 years and the only notable progress I have seen is a university, 1 factory, and a few schools and a hospital. Its very limited for 5 years you'd expect to see more!!!

So I don't know but it's obvious Aideed politics and his wider mogadishu clan something went wrong, horribly wrong. The lush green south where a study in the 1970s said that it can feed 50 million people is suffering the worst famine in 60 years where-as the arid north is not regardless if their citizen or idps their not dying.

I think we should really open up this debate and find out what went wrong with aideed and his wider clan family. Is it the lack of isims who do not play a role or is it they may be complacent themselves in the war!!! Is it bad politics on the part of aideed and his wider family? Why did yusuf and egal chose a policy to lead their people into progress and not get involved into war in its own region I mean clan vs clan war, individual crimes is not a war!!! What we do know is their is progress in the desert areas of Somalia and there is a famine, war, fleeing ppl, development non-existant in the lushest parts of Somalia. This is what we do know, the question is WHY

Two of them are dead, with blood on their hands. One is alive, but in agony and pain, and has blood on his hands. According to Islam, their destiny is Hell for what they have done.

Dr_Osman   

Fresh prince you missed the point al-together. Yusuf and Egal led their peoples and regions to progress, aideed led his people to destruction!!! Why is this? we need to debate the why factor. Some say that more is at stake in mogadishu being the capital and therefore warsome, which I do agree with but why for example Guriceel settled by one clan and has been peaceful for the most part of the civil war yet their is no progress or development. We really need to open up this discussion and get to the bottom of it.

Some of the educated elite who have debated this issue on T.V and other venues have stated the following reasons;

1. Diversity of the south and the fact that one clan doesn't have the upper-hand fuels competition

2. Mogadishu being the capital therefore strategically the most important city to control if you want to be leader over all Somalia

3. The absence of traditional elders in conflict resolution processes and some even go as far and say their infact guilty of war-crimes themselves

4. Crooked Politicians who are looking out for their own interests and dont want Somalia to have a government in-fear of impeachment for war-crimes

5. Crooked Business community and civil society who want to keep Somalia in the status quo and fund people who will run on that platform as this benefits them by making money from other ppl's left properties, farms, not paying taxes, etc

The only one thing that makes sense is mogadishu being the capital and it's strategic importance. The rest do not!!!

1. Diversity in the mogadishu and its power-balance is very true not one clan has the upper-hand or not for long enough to establish a government. But what about cities like guriceel-dhusomareeb that have been single clan cities where one clan does have the upper-hand and is not strategically important in terms of government and escaped the civil war for the most part, surely this should've seen progress if that argument is to hold any-water

2. Absence of traditional elders in pacifying mogadishu is true, but what about where traditional elders are very prominent such as dhusomareeb and have maintained the peace for the most part in the civil-war yet there is no progress

3. Crooked politicians all politicians in Somalia are crooked but surely the mogadishu ones should've of developed a road here and there or offered projects as an incentive to win hearts and minds of their constituency. This has been done under the islamic courts but it was very short period of time

4. Crooked business community argument might hold some water. But why are not the business community in Bosaso or Hargeisa not like the ones in mogadishu after-all dont we all want to pay no taxes, less regulations, and so forth?

I just dont understand how non-important city like guriceel which didnt see that much war in the civil war, is dominated by one clan didn't progress. Why is it galkacyo where two rival clans who spilled alot of blood have progressed that city and lived in peace for so long!!! Same with Erigavo its no different!!!

We really need to debate this and not side-track guys. Its important issue and I cant understand why Yusuf and Egal chose the path to progress was it because those areas were not strategically important therefore not fighting over? if thats the case why would aideed send abdirahman tuur and cause the civil war in somaliland and also attack and capture galkacyo? same for his fellow clan-man dahir aways did the same thing in Bosaso. So its hard to believe that argument it just doesnt hold much water. But even if those two regions were strategically not important and thats why the ppl decided the best path was to progress after-all what can you destroy when nothing is there to begin with surely that argument would need to apply to galguduud-hiiraan also as they are strategically not important and didnt see much war like mogadishu either surely these regions would've of progressed.

The argument can also flip to well you can only progress if u surrounded by peaceful people like somaliland is. Well Puntland shares border with the most chaotic clan in somalia and it managed to have peace with them yet that same clan wrecked havoc on mogadishu and there was no peace!!!

Wow this debate can go on alll day but what we do know for certain is Yusuf and Egal laid the way for their people to live in peace and progress, while the USC lead it's people to war and destruction in particularly mogadishu when he didn't have to, why didnt he just step down when Ali Mahdi and Aideed war began like Mubarak did or like Cade did with Abdullahi