Sign in to follow this  
Thierry.

East Africa Drought - Practical Help we can do.

Thierry.   

Dear Brothers & Sisters

I urge you to do whatever is in your means to help our brothers & sisters back home. I am sure our Masjid’s and the various TV channels we have will do their utmost to collect money from the Somali community. For those exposed, the external British community (Work, School & business partners) we can do a lot more in utilizing our resources. A Large bulk of aid raised for last years Pakistan Earthquake was a direct consequence of efforts from Pakistanis reaching out to the wider community to do more effort.

I have lobbied my firm with the help of the Islamic society for a matched donation (The firm will double the amount raised). Perhaps you can do the same.

JZK

T

Juxa   

Thierry, we want to do the same. I know in our area (if you still live same area) there is massive efforts from masjid islaamo. they have been doing door-to-door last week

I have doubt about the TV collection, i heard 20% goes to the tv and another 20% to the presenters and guests. It would be nice if they could waive their fees.

Thierry.   

MashAllah North london is always one step ahead when it comes to pulling its socks up.

How come you did not attend 1st of July event hosted by Universal, I saw your partner in crime there.

Juxa   

I was working and too tired to drive to south london on a friday? baadiye ku dhigeen soomaha.

I hope everyone starts collecting, other good ideas include sponsoring soup kitchens at the mosques in the areas affected for ramadan insha allah

I would suggest that we write to and lobby local representatives/MPs and all major papers: The New York Times, The Economist or even post articles on The Huffington Post etc as this is a media run world and some journalists have already shown to be quite responsive (eg, The Guardian is still doing some excellent work but it's mainly influent with those "on the left").

With minimal overhead cost and proven track record, Muslim Aid is already on the field; their link for direct online donation could be forwarded to contacts by mail or posted on Facebook etc:

http://www.muslimaid.org/index.php/what-we-do/current-campaigns-live/horn-of-africa