Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

How close are we to the golden cup -- peaceful resolution to the Somali conflict.

Baashi   

Unfortunately I lost interest in all things Somali politics and I am not up to date. I am trying to resurrect Waxa-La-Yirri news program. To do that I am asking you to fill me in. Your input will be considered as a field report;) Don't worry, the one man army news team will exercise his editorial capacity to make a judgement call whenever his sensibilities are not in tune with what's been reported. Waxa-La-Yirri has its built-in filter updated to WLY 2.0 version -- a very robust chatter sensor with state of the art clan blind filter.

We will focus on six cross-linked political forces operating within the battery limit of the carcass of Somalia that once existed [Raqdii Maandeeq]:

1. Traditional institution -- clan-based norms of xeer and its clan chieftain underwriters aka nabadoono, duubab, oday dhaqamedyo. With diminished authority, they still wield influence over their domains.

2. Religious institutions -- fragmentation notwithstanding, armed or not; these groupings will be lumped as force with a voice at the table.

3. Recovery zones -- clans at the periphery way from the center of gravity and the national seat; these successful fiefdoms are also a force to be reckon with.

4. Regional/International supported Transitional Federal Institutions (TFI) -- symbolized by its latest incarnation of Pres. Sh. Ahmed & PM Farmajo led team.

5. Crowd/Mop/Marauding Militia -- gullible, confused, and misled youth (male) who seems to cheer for the very cutthroat leaders that led them into the abyss.

6. Foreigners -- front-line states and regional players --who have vested interest in the outcome of the raging conflict in Somalia.

Waxa-La-Yirri will examine the state of the country and see if it can shed light on where we've been yesterday and where we are now and take a stock of the progress or lack thereof we made since last edition of WLY.

Time permitting.