Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

The New President of Egypt

N.O.R.F   

The New President of Egypt

Rumbling through his belongings to make sure he had packed everything, he stopped for a moment and thought to himself “this time tomorrow I will be on a street in Cairo enjoying watching beautiful chaos, conversing in the language of the land and….”. Thud! “What the…?” “Warya, what are you doing? I told you not to play football in the house” he said to his youngest who replied “dee Aabo I want to be like Steven Gerrard”. “Waar Stephen Gerrard laheeynin’e its time for bed. Besides, I have a plane to catch so take care of your mother and sisters. You’re the man of the house for the next week” Says the father with a hug. “Does that mean I can watch cartoons whenever I want”? Asks the son. “No” says the father trying to hide his obvious amusement. “It means you must behave as I won’t be around to take your side” hoping the young one would get the message.

On that note he puts his son to bed, says his goodbyes and makes his way to the station to get on the Piccadily line for Heathrow Airport. On his way he starts to think of people’s reactions when he told them he was going to Egypt. His family members thought he was mad, his friends thought he needs his usual Arab holiday and was probably getting a good deal. Who would be on the plane anyway? Will he be flying it himself? How will he be treated once there? Can he walk the streets freely? All these thoughts have been playing on his mind since booking through Thomson.

As the train pulled up at Green Park, he noticed a Post Office advert for passport renewals. Passport! Passport! He checks his pockets frantically. Left, no. Right, no. Back right, no. Back left, no. Damn. Jacket side pockets, no. Jacket inside pocket, YES! YES! Relief came over him until he noticed people were looking at him in a strange way. He composes himself and continues reading his usual copy of The [Tory] Times. Not long now he thought to himself as the train traveled briefly over ground exposing the land he was about to leave before it went underground again at the airport. Ah! Terminal 3.

The flight was smooth and eerily quiet which meant he could get some shut eye. As he snoozed he started murmuring to himself in Arabic. The guy next to him could not help but hear what he was saying in his sleep. He heard:

Waaxid tufaaxateyn wa shay nacnac min fadlik

The old man couldn’t contain his laughter and accidentally awoke his fellow passenger. Startled, he looked around and found there was nothing to laugh at as he turned towards his fellow passenger who couldn’t hide his grin whilst reading. “What are you planning to do when you get to Cairo” asked the old man. “Nothing. I just want to enjoy the city.” Replied the then next President of Egypt.

A few minutes later the plane lands at Cairo International.

NGONGE   

^^ Heh. You beat me to it. I was going to ask Cawaale how things are there. But I'm tempted, I'm really tempted. :D

wyre   

Waaxid tufaaxateyn wa shay nacnac min fadlik

:D:D

“What are you planning to do when you get to Cairo” asked the old man. “Nothing. I just want to enjoy the city.” Replied the then next President of Egypt.

So he changed his mind miyaa:D

The Zack   

LOOOOL@the article. crazy stuff. Not fully related but kinda related story...

An Egyptian newspaper wrote this:

The last three presidents of Egypt met in aakhiro LOL and had some words with each other. Each one asked the others how they have been kicked out from the presidency.

Jamal Abdinasir said " Bi Sum (with poison)".

Anwar Sadat said "Bi rasaasah (with bullets).

Husni Mubarak was like "with effing facebook".

:D :D