Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Sout Al Horeya (صوت الحريه)

As I am sure many of you were, I was glued to my tv screen, watching Aljazeera’s live coverage of the events in Egypt, watching how the man who thought he was a pharaoh without divinity left humiliated after he was brought down by mere protests. It was fascinating that Mubark left the scene without any enduring mummy, as an Egyptian playwright put it. He was gone. No good byes. No parting, eloquent speeches. It was truly fascinating how the man who ruled Egypt for nearly thirty years was forced to step down.

Nothing I watched though captures Egypt’s revaluation in the manner this song does. The voice of freedom, as this song is called, is the lyrical manifestation of those in the liberation square. It captures their defiance of Mubarak’s authority, their determination to realize Egypt’s lost dignity and majesty…the moment of unity to focus on the most important thing in human experience, horiyah, liberty …

Enjoy ya jamacah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oFYd9TKOkk&feature=related

NGONGE   

Speaking of freedom, Al Jazeera and Arabs; right at this moment there is a demo taking place in London. It is organised by Libyans in London and is taking place opposite the Libyan Embassy. Al Jazeera, the TV news organisation that scours the world for such things does not have to bother flying reporters in (or out). Al Jazeera's London branch is in the building right next door to the embassy!

The demo consists of two groups (pro and, of course, anti government). They are seperated by a tiny police presence but are mostly well behaved anyway. It has been interesting watching their chants and crazy slogans. The group that are pro government are singing (full with music, loud speakers and band). The other group are cursing.

At one point, the anti government group started shouting "FREEDOM, FREEDOM, FREEDOM!"

Quick as a flash the others (the bigger group) replied "We rather die than have freedom". Heh.