Sign in to follow this  
wyre

INTO THE SHADOWS: Demons are alive, and they're not friendly. Things are not normal for Odin, and he

wyre   

And he likes it that way. In this, he describes how a demon race called "Demonites" were brought into being, and about their mysterious past......

Let me start by saying that normal does not exist in this world. You just can’t find a normal guy, on a normal street, with normal neighbors, in a normal town. Its just not possible. People are abnormal by nature. And that’s exactly what i am: abnormal. A freak is more like it, but enough about how I perceive myself, let me start off by telling you the facts.

My Name is Odin. Yes, that is the Norse god. I know that this is atypical, along with my height. I’m six feet tall, and I am only 13 and in eighth grade. I am built like a football player, and ironically, I hate sports.

Here are the things that make me who i am:

1. I am a witch. Not those kinds of evil witches you see on Halloween specials, or the Satanist killers you hear about from your local priest. The type who follow a religion called Wicca.

2. I have Aspergers Syndrome, which is a social disorder. It means that I think and perceive things differently than most people. And because of that, what I’m about to tell you may be only how interpret it. If I told a relatively sane person, I’d be thrown in the loony bin. But here it goes:

3. I’m not human..well not completely anyway. Here's how it is, on one side of the family I’m human. On the other, I am something called a Demonite. Demons exist, but they don’t work for Satan. They are just another species like humans and vampires, except all they care about is killing all different species because they believe others are impure.

At the dawn of man, a handful of Demons crossed over from their realm. They crossbred with humans, and thats how the new anthropoid Demon came to be. Demonites were shunned from local human tribes, and the Demons thought of them as tainted, with their human blood. So they spread across earth, developed small clans, and paired up with certain animals. And thats is how the Demonite clans came into existence.

There are many clans: The bear clan, the wolf clan, the dolphin clan, snake, eagle, turtle, and so on. Through thousands of years of living in secrecy from humans with animals, some of the animal DNA got into ours. Once humans had forgot about us and started creating larger civilizations, we started to live with them, acting as if we were one of them. But we were hunted down as monsters when we were found out, and many of us perished. Our taste for human flesh was the main the factor that lead to us being revealed for what we really are. Then most of what was left of us traveled to the demon realm for safety. They were dead within seconds.

Now we are thinly spread across the globe, trying to keep our secret, along with creatures like vampires, manticores, mermaids, fairies, and additional "Otherworldly Beings." The United Nations has created a program that helps protect our secrets from the public and terrorist organizations, called the Association for Otherworldly Beings, or AOB for short. In return we must fight creatures that have harmful intent towards humans, and us for that matter. And this is how my "great epic" begins.