Sign in to follow this  
Nageeye77

How do you see studying online

Hi all

Life's hustle made imposible for me to attend post hight school classes, which leaves me two options

A:Taking online courses

B:Be patient till my retirement

Since that option B is not the best, I was wondering what recommendations you could possibly give about option A:ONLINE COURSE,

Is it worth taking?

is it cosidered same as the other degrees?

plus any other you add

Thanks in advance

Ms DD   

Do you mean courses from 'open university'? There are some credible online courses. You just have to find the right one. There are some universities that do online courses as well as onsite. You need to do bit of research.

Haneefah   

Depending on your field of interest there are many prestigious universities that give you the option of completing your entire degree through distance education. And yes, you will receive the same degree as those who did their studies on campus.

Most schools usually have a distance education office or website - that's a good starting point with you search.

Good luck.

fellow   

I AM ACTUALLY TAKING CLASSES FROM MY COMPUTER--SUCH A GOOD TEACHER IT IS WALAAHI. this semester, 3 courses are online and 3 are traditional, it all works fine for me and are accredited just like others.

Nageeye77

I would like to add one more option

C. Evening classes

Most colleges offer evening classes and are more affordable than taking it from a university setting.

One other factor you need to consider when you register for online courses - your motivation level. Are you a kind of person who enjoys studying with others aka group discussions or prefer studying at your own pace?

Some online courses have embraced the teleconference type of studying get some online buddies to do assignments together. Some dont thats where the evening classes come in you can attend a class once a week from 7-9pm.

Wish you all the best

WOL