Sign in to follow this  
Abdulladiif Al-Fiqih

GMAT Candidates

Katrina   

Salaam all,

I came across your question M.M while surfing the net on my precious vacation. I recently took the GMAT. Oh boy,did I royally screw up!! My advise is start with the math not the critical reasoning or essay portion. This test is about speed and quick thinking. They bombard you with questions. You need to practice, practice and practice. I took a chance and studied for only 3 weeks. I don't regret it but now I'll be taking a few months to prepare for my second exam. The concepts are easy but most ppl haven't brushed up on them in a while and if your a calculator baby well get cracking coz you need to do all those calculations quickly and in your head.

The admission folks focus on the math portion of the GMAT more than anything else. I've heard that numerous times from the staff to the admission board members.

I don't know if a study group would help much, that's my opinion. It might help with the understanding/reviewing the concepts but it all boils down to sitting your @ss in a corner and practicing, period!!

Best of luck

ElPunto   

^Good stuff - hope you do better next time. I didn't know you could start with anything other than math portion since the computerized test is organized that way. What are your plans - MBA?

Bring it back. So how is it going for everyone?

Asxaabta, xagee xaal marayaa? Yaa qaatey GMAT? Yaan qaadan wali? Yaa qaadan doona? Yaan qaadan doonin? Yeah I know, too many qestions.

For me, ilaahey waa iigga gargaarey waana ka maarmey.

Ps: Can someone please move this topic to Business now that we have that section? Thanks

^

I guess If you have another MA like yourself, most of the schools will then wave the GMAT requirement. Also, if you want to go for an MBA and in MN, waa laggu kitaab dayayaa

There are school which GMAT isn't one of their requirements.