Sign in to follow this  
Abdulladiif Al-Fiqih

GMAT Candidates

I was wondering if there is anyone here who is studying for the exam around the twin-cities?

We can form a Study group to share advice, study materials, and offer adive for taking the test. If you are and want to be part of this, please add your screen name on this page

Those who have recently taken the test, please give us any tips, advice you might have.

Thanks,

Ladiifka

Ok is this a scheme to get date ;)

On serious note, Iam taking da GMAT on 18th. We will find how difficult it is. Good luck with da

search for da group study.

P.S you might be aware of this already, you can take prep classes web page. The Kaplan site also has free GMAT practice questions.

ElPunto   

^Warya Che - tell everyone how hard it goes! I have wanted to take GMAT for the longest time now but keep postponing it. Lotta discpline needed. Good luck M.M. You should allocate 3 months or so if you want to do really well.

M.M, as Che will soon find out prep helps a lot but succeeding in a GMAT exam is more of a mental state in the exam day! I guess that's the case in any test but it's particularly truer in this case!

My advice is to practice the computer simulated tests (they are free and out there for you @mba.com, you need to register with them though)!

Understanding how the this test works also helps you anticipate and answer hard questions. The good thing about it is you can indeed tell if you are doing well on the test by the type of questions you get. The better you do, the harder!

Saaxiib Allaha kuu sahlo!

p.s. Che good luck with your quest. Allaha kuu gar gaaro. That thing aint easy!

pps: The Point, don't postpone it adeer and go for it as soon time permits you!

ElPunto   

Adeer - nothing less than a 700 will satisfy me - thus the delay smile.gif

Sounds like you have some experience - care to share duqa?

Ok is this a scheme to get date

LOL ...what? you think its a bad idea?

Good Luck with sxb and do tell us how it goes after you take it. About Kaplan prep Class, I thought abt it and decided that I'm just gonna have to self study, use online materials, and my room-mate's who just took the exam a week or so ago.

ThePoint, thanks bro. I know it needs lotta discpline and hardwork. I have enough time but I dont know if I have the self-discpline it needs in order to succeed especially, when I am studyinh on my own

ElPunto   

^You have the discipline - I think everyone does. It's just a matter of acting on it. I would advise u to establish a schedule and private place of study away from your usual. And then tell everyone about it - ur parents, friends, relatives etc. so that they can reinforce your efforts at staying disciplined. That's why ur idea of group study is good - BTW - have ur tried ur local university or college - they usually have GMAT clubs or some such.

ElPunto   

LOL adeer - u can if you want to! No - I meant how long did u study, what was ur strategy, what pitfalls should one avoid etc.

bilan   

i am taking the exam in feb. books that i found helpful are "cracking GMAT" the princeton review, unlike GRE, GMAT does not test your knowledge but rather how well you can take exams. but good luck.

The grades i got ?

No, the tips and tricks of how you got the Grades you got!

BTW - have ur tried ur local university or college - they usually have GMAT clubs or some such.

No, I haven't but was hoping that someone here will know since many members here are from these local universities. So far, Xiin uunbaan ka haynaa bal aan sugno in cid kale meesha joogto

Bilan, I actually have the book, got it from my roomate who just took the exam but I do not know if I like the book. It got too many instructions to follow. You have to cover soo many pages before you got to the real materials. I want to officially start after the new year....more excuse to delay it.

FatB   

now is it required for all MBA students to take the GAMT? or can u do with out it? and wat are the advantages of taking the GMAT

Graduate schools due tend to assess candidates and their advance learning based on how an individual did on the GMAC test, among other things. To answer your question on whether or not its required, I would assume so.

bilan   

as far as i know all graduate schools require either GRE or GMAT, so if you are going to graduate school you have no option.

Pujah   

^^ I don't know about all other schools but I know the school I go to Keller will accept the GMAT score if you've already taken the test but offer their own test.