Sign in to follow this  
Lady

IT Jobs in USA?

Lady   

Salamu Alykum Nomds

I just join this forum today, it really seems intresting...so good on you guys

But, I would like ask those IT Professional specially those of you who are living in the USA, how is the IT Jobs there? I want Move to USA, maybe California end of this Year and I would like to find out a bit of information about IT Jobs..just like Networkers,system-Admin etc..I mean is those Microsoft-serticates still worth something in USA ? just like MCSE,CCNA,MCBDA,A+? pls the only Info I have is those in NEt.I need real life Information...any one care to Volunteer?

Thanks all

king_450   

Lady wlc, well i am not in computer field, but a piece of advise you have a better chance of getting a job if that is what u asking in the states if you have well understanding of the pc world, so good luck and check on the employment sites, ok, and wlc

Lady   

King brotha

Thanks for the respond, but really I do need to ask some information those who working in IT flieds..I mean I can search a lot of Information from the NET. But you can,t always trust them, so I was just trying if some one who is working there can give me some IDEA of IT jobs in California...Do you know any one who is working there brotha?

Bachelor   

Lady being from the sillcon Valley will tell you nothing but whole truth. I would warn you not to make a "quick" decision to move to US. IT career at this moment is, well, i wouldnt call it "slow" rather "dead" would be a perfect word. Currently lots of over qualified with good number of years experience such as Software or hardware engineers and network admin. are out of job and willing to settle for entery level salary just to pay their bills.

Whereas, As muslim person trust ALLAH and pack up you never know and ALLAH indeed is capable of anything.

fii amani'allah

Lady   

Bechlo

Thanks brotha for the Information, even though it was not what I expected..I know I heard a lot of scary stories at IT jobs in the USA..But I never heard the word "dead" lol

Just tell me this brotha, why is that they advertise their webpages thousands of IT jobs available? chech this out.. www.computerjobs.com are you saying it is all lies? it could be..that is why I never trust the NET..

Anyways brotha, I am coming to the US regardless if I can get Job or not..I mean there is other reasons I am comming there..but it would have been nice if I could get a Job there...thanks again

Oh! I 4get do you think there is any hope?

Bachelor   

First of all, well come and be our guest, let me know if you are coming to Sillicon Valley, so I can role the “red carpet”. Lady, for some reason they kept posting that “mouth watering” add, which is irresistible. Whereas, the reality is far from being that. Certainly, it is a perfectly a norm or trend of economy fluctuation. Have you heard “what goes up must come down”. Every Economist knows that something is wrong with the dotcom boom. Not to mention, how fast it bobbled.

Is there a hope?

Hmmm …one has to be optimistic at all times. Slowly but surely it is recovering. It is a matter of time and being patient. At the same time, enhance your knowledge, since one has to be effective + competent enough. As a Muslim we have to trust ALLAH and be optimistic.

Fii amani'illah

Lady   

Originally posted by Bachelor:

Certainly, it is a perfectly a norm or trend of economy fluctuation. Have you heard “what goes up must come down”. Every Economist knows that something is wrong with the dotcom boom. Not to mention, how fast it bobbled.

Fii amani'illah [/QB]

It so true brotha, some how we all know it is not going to last..but still even though the economy is dead it seems that IT jobs is better paid almost all the other Jobs..so i guess is not all bad.

However, how sweet of you brotha..thankssss for that red-carpet I surely need all the help I can when I arrive there..since I don,t know many ppl there..and YES I am coming your City..well not maybe your City but for sure *BayArea* in a mean-time pls post all the info that you think it may help..thanksssss so much