Sign in to follow this  
Centurion

Potential outcome for ICU

Like i've said before, the ICU is riding on a wave of populist sentiment, with the surfboard being Deen( a twisted one, some corners murmur).And will stay a powerful force in Somalia as long as has such public support.

The ICU has now engaged the country in a 'jihad' with the Amxaar-supported TFG. The initial skirmishes show gains for the superior Amxaar military force.

My question to you is, what do you predict will happen to the ICU, during and after this war?

Is the ICU, here to stay?

Will it survive, albeit wounded, and stall the TFG's attempts at taking control of the country?

If yes, will the TFG be forced to compromise, and how much compromising are we talking?

Will the ICU be annihilated by the Amxaaro and the TFG? So in that case can we expect a long-term presence of Ethiopian troops?

Do you expect, if the ICU actually wins this war, US intervention? Or even a UN peacekeeping force?

Or will will the ICU be free to march into Baydhabo?

So all in all, what do you think the future might hold, whichever side wins this war?

^^ For sure they will survive and be there as long as Somalia exist, having said that regarding this conflict I doubt that they will easily give up and go, and again it all depends how this Baidao TFG group (shape) or outplay the political game and what role will Ethiopians have in Somalia's future politics as they are biger stake holder in current (messy) situation!

Now its only the TFG that accepts or rejects any proposal.

There is no foreign country that can bypass the TFG. Djibuti has learned this lesson the hard way.

Even the USA has learned this lesson the hard way.

I suggest somalis do what we ethiopians did in 1991. We stood behind the best chance of saving our country from disentegration and that was recognizing every region to govern itself and recognizing federalism.