Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

Why Clan and Clannishness are not the Key Impediments to the

Abtigiis   

Haa! Those who matter, and are in government in Somalia.

It doesn't matter if AllaMagan, Hunguri iyo Xinnfanin ay madax banaanyihiin. They can't do much beyond fighting on SOL.

Do you know who is blocking Farmajo's government, hadda?

Liqaye   

Brothers this article is a tour de force.

Clannishness is a camouflage; the motivation is always self intrest.

This should be the stock response to Ngonge's "clan is everything" line,that particular bahraini has become too much :D .

Xiinow you me and che had a disscusion a long time ago about somali reconciliation, the whys and wherefore's and my supposition was simple that Somalis can never reconciliate either litterally to solve age old hatereds and more recent atrocities or technically for the common good in the form a workable governance and justice commonality whilst the ethopians are in the picture!

This article crystalisses what ever I might have been unable to articulate.

Indeed all hopes for just reconciliation or even agreement to move apart which if it hastens reconciliation I am all for, will never occur with " Ethiopian spanners thrown on the road".

His conclusion on the peace caravan Xiin you must admit is apt, I told you that when I met Sheikh Sharif I felt that I had been in the presence of a clean spirited but intellectually incapable individual, indeed I told you that the gut reaction I got from him was the feeling of being in the presence of a cow, to whit .... the best present and future summation of TFG 2.0 is "In 2009, Sheikh Sharif was elected president by a ridiculously bloated parliament. By

misreading homilies as policy statements and pious grace as political charisma, Ould‐Abdalla, the UN envoy for

Somalia at the time, and the sponsors of the ‘Peace Deal’ made the mistake Jonathan Swift warned against in the

18th century: “Expect no more from man than he is capable of”. The process produced a confused leader, overwhelmed by a task he is ill‐equipped to perform."

The only actual shortcommings of the article is the slightly obvious comparisions that can be made with his solutions with Bolshevik mantra of " a strong few" spreading the message amongst the masses, indeed isnt this Plato's supermen idea?!?

Lakiin the end formula of making the current negative ethiopian interference in somalia as costly as possible is a good place to start the debate!

Although I have to admit the current TFG could not destablize a cheese cake if it was rammed down their throats.

ElPunto   

Same old story packaged as the new new thing.

Summary:

1- Clannishness 'works' in the North albeit imperfectly and with many faults. Thus, it is not the defining impediment to state formation in Somalia.

2- Nothing can work in the South because Ethiopian meddling is so enormous and pervasive that Southerners are unable to take control of their own destinies despite the example of the northern entities.

3- There are other obstacles to national state formation but none are so important as the destructive Ethiopian meddling. Yes, we have our traitors and rogues but they would be nothing without Ethiopia.

4- Ultimately clan-based power sharing is not workable or durable and seems to have utterly failed in the south. Only a few good men, who secretly are good nationalists but masquerading as clan representatives, must parachute into power and save Somalia and Somalis.

I don't know precisely why national state formation in Somalia particularly in the south has failed. But I have a hard time believing that were it not for Ethiopia that the fragmentation and distrust endemic to Somalis would vanish and a national unity state would emerge.

NGONGE   

^^ As they say in talk radio shows, "what's your point, caller?" :D

Heh@Liqye getting swayed by the sweet words about clannishness and self interest. Two sides of the same coin, saaxib. Why else would I say it is EVERYTRHING?