Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Hargaysa: secessionists arrest one of their former SSC agents

Maamulka Somaliland oo xiray Xildhibaan Federaal ah

27 Feb 27, 2009 - 11:16:43 AM

Maamulka la magacbaxay Somaliland oo ka arrimiya Gobollada Waqooyi Galbeed ayaa xabsiga u tabaaxay Xildhibaan ka tirsan Dowlada Midnimo Qaran.

Xil. Maxamad Maxamuud Farax (Indhobuur) oo u dhashay Gobolka Sool ayaa lagu xiray Madaarka Hargaysa ka dib markii uu ka soo dagay diyaarad.

Md. Indhobuur ayaa loo sii gudbiyay Xabsiga caanka ah ee Mandheera kasoo horay dowladii Kacaanka ee Gen. Siyad Barre ay ku xiri jirtay xubnaha mucaaradka ah.

Sida ay ku warantay BBC-da Laanta Af Soomaaliga Md. Indhobuur ayaa lagu eedeeyey inuu galay qiyaano qaran ka dib markii uu ku biiray garabkii Jibuuti ee Isbahaysiga Dib-u xoreynta Soomaaliya uuna ka mid noqday 200 xubnood oo lagu daray Baarlamaanka Dowladii Federaalka ah.

Md. Indhobuur ayaa horay u ahaa gudoomiye ku xigeenka Gobolka Sool ka dib markii Maamulka Somaliland xoog kula wareegay Magaalada Laascanood Okt. 2007kii.

Indhobuur ayaa ku caan baxay inuu Puntland ugu yeero 'Maamulka ******teeniya' xilligii uu Maamulka Somaliland weerar kusoo qaaday Magaalada Laascanood.

RADIO GAROWE

Somaliland imprisons Somalia MP for 'treason'

26 Feb 26, 2009 - 10:55:11 PM

HARGEISA, Somalia Feb 27 (Garowe Online) - A lawmaker in Somalia's newly expanded parliament was arrested in the separatist republic of Somaliland after being accused of 'treason,' Radio Garowe reports.

Mohamed Mohamud "Indhobur," a lawmaker from Sool region, was arrested after landing at the airport in Hargeisa, Somaliland's regional capital.

He was transferred to Mandhera Prison, a notorious jail that was used by ex-Somali dictator Gen. Siad Barre's regime to punish political opponents.

Mr. Indhobur was accused of 'treason' by Somaliland authorities, the BBC Somali Service reported Friday.

In 2007, Mr. Indhobur took active role in Somaliland's violent annexation of Las Anod, the capital of Sool region, after a day-long battle against Puntland security forces.

He was later appointed as Somaliland's deputy governor for Sool region and was notorious for referring to Puntland as '**********,' a historical term used by *****-dominated Somaliland politicians to create a division among the *********, *********** and ********** (collectively, "*****-*****") clans that form the core of Puntland.

Last year, Mr. Indhobur reportedly joined the Islamist-led Alliance for the Re-liberation of Somalia (ARS), which merged with the country's weak Transitional Federal Government (TFG) to form the 'unity government' led by President Sheikh Sharif Ahmed.

He became an MP when 200 ARS members joined Somalia's expanded 550-seat parliament.

Source: Garowe Online

Not really every person who takes part of dawladah konfuurta somaliya will get arrested remember when Maxammad xaji iebrahien cigaal arrests Jamac maxammad qalib Buuba will face the same problem if he comes to Somaliland he will get arrested the lascanood people are no different then sifir from burco. Now what I don’t understand is this guy went to puntland and puntland did not arrest him he did khiiyaamo qarran he fought puntland in lascanood remember. Now bossaso send him to hargeysa.

^^^Adeer you can arrest your clansmen all you like that a local issue. This man was important to you because he was selling out his own clan, and this is a great message to the rest who are working for Shankaroon only in Puntland/Somalia can they get thir dignity.

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^Adeer you can arrest your clansmen all you like that a local issue. This man was important to you because he was selling out his own clan, and this is a great message to the rest who are working for Shankaroon only in Puntland/Somalia can they get thir dignity.

We arrest every one who participate in the peace deals in Somalia or even becomes a parliamentarian in Somalia federal government regardless of their clan.

But my question to you is why didn’t puntland arrest this guy when he is bossaso he did treason against puntland working with Somaliland remember

Adeer arresting people is not the point here, I disagree with arresting people even Riyaale I would not arrest or humiliate him. Anyhow its a good move by Shankaroon, again thanks.

Thierry.   

I have to agree with Duke this will have a negative effect on SL, arresting MP from the International recognised and popular new government will cause tension between SL and the international community. To make it worse the pressure will pile on and eventually he will be released.

Thierry.   

What are you on about saxiib you just arrested one of my MP’s, from where I come from we call that a deliberate aggression. Now do the sensible thing and release the man.

NGONGE   

^^ Are they not your government too? I thought reer Puntland always said they were part of Somalia. Lakin kula ma yaabayo, 'you' guys are known for being greedy. Two presidents, two wives, etc.. icon_razz.gif

I suspect that he will be released but told to apply for an entry visa everytime he lands at any Somaliland airport. :D