Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Ethiopia: Our beloved Friends Allies(Part II)

Kashafa   

Tales of rape and murder from ****** refugees fleeing across Somalia offer a glimpse of the violence wracking the hermetic rebel Ethiopian region.

Fardosa’s eyes seem to have frozen wide open since her ordeal.

"A group of Ethiopians came to my house in early August and four soldiers took me into my bedroom and assaulted me," says the thin young woman, cradling a nine-month-old baby.

"Two of my brothers who were ONLF members were hanged from a tree," says Fardosa. "It’s worse than hell what is happening in Ethiopia." Osman Hassan Ahmed, a 27-year-old from the eastern ****** town of Werder arrived in Bosaso on September 1.

"My tea shop was closed (by the army) in February and I was accused of funding the ONLF... In early July I was arrested with two friends and managed to escape thanks to relatives in the army... but my two friends were hanged."

"
What is happening...is a form of genocide, it’s a systematic destruction of crops and livestock
. There is a total closure of economic development in ******," Osman explains

Darfur gets all the world attention but ****** is the same...It’s unfortunate and sad that the world has turned a blind eye on what is happening there," says Abdi Ahmed Abdillah

I was a livestock farmer, I had cows but the government took all of them, accusing me of being affiliated to ONLF," says Abdillah, who denies any rebel affiliation.

"I felt threatened...I heard about relatives who were mutilated...One of my aunts was gang-raped and hanged from a tree by Ethiopian forces," he says

"I witnessed the army burning the village of Arawelo," says Aden, who fled to Puntland with his camels, which he sold to pay for the crossing.

"Over the past six months, we’ve experienced a new tactic of indiscriminate punishment from the government to take revenge on the ONLF," he says.

Hawa, a 43-year-old woman from Gabo-Gabo in eastern ******, says anybody could fall victim to the Ethiopian crackdown.

"All the males were rounded up and detained, we could hear their screams being tortured. I was so traumatised I decided to flee," she says.

^^ Courtesy of Ethiopia: Our beloved Friends, Allies, and soon-to-be inducted Tol members.

Heh. In the memorable words of our resident Xabashi apologists: Don't blame Ethiopia. Don't blame the TFG. Sure as heck don't blame my Adeeros. Instead, blame them crazy wadaads who had the gall, the nerve, to upend 17 years of qabyaalad qurun and turn 70% of Somalia into an oasis of prosperity. How dare they!!