Sign in to follow this  
Thierry.

State of Galmudug gives 100% support to the New President

Thierry.   

Day after the Somali parliament in Djibouti voted the moderate Islamist leader Sheik Sharif Sheik Ahmed as president of Somalia, there have been emerging an overwhelming support to the new government as people gathered on the main streets of Somalia towns on Sunday to show their happiness for the country’s new leader.

Large number of people including men women and children in many towns of the region state of Galmudug in central Somalia celebrated for the election of the new president Sheik Ahmed as students in Galkayo with happy mood took streets hold portraits and chanting slogans welcoming the new leader.

“long live, Sheik Sharif, today is great day for Somalia” were among the slogns people chanted during thier march on the streets before coming to the main Sheik Ilka-Dahab square.

Top Galmudug state officials adressed at the scene telling the crowds that their government is supporting the new president in Somalia.

President of Galmudug state Mohamed Warsame Ali (Kimiko) told hundreds of people at the square that his administration is fully supporting the new government for Somalia. “on behalf of my government and my people in Galmudug, I would send my congratulation to the new president of Somalia Sheik Sharif Sheik Ahmed on his election, soon after he was elected as president, we had in telephone conversation and now he is aware of your tun out ,” said Warsame.

He also thanked to all those involved in the Somalia’s peace process specially the Djiboutian president Ismael Omar Gelle for his effort to gather Somalis to decide thier future determination.

Among the officials delivered their speech at the rally, were mayor of Mudug province Hassan Farah Barre, spokesman for Galmudug state Ahmed Baasto, peace elder Geesey and chairman of Galmudug state students Ali Saed Hassan, Galmudug community Abdi Bukud, secretary finance of galmudug state Ahmed Ali Hilowle (sharifka), security commissioner Omar Suri, deputy mayor of Hobyo town Abdulahi Yousuf Guled (Digsi) and minister of reconciliation of Galmudug Iman Hassan Jirow.

Asho salad Kheyre, was among the women leaders that attended the rally and displayed some poetry praising the new president of Somalia.

By:Dahir Abdulle Alasow

Email:dahiralasow@yahoo.com