Sign in to follow this  
Wiilo

How d you feel when you see these Pictures?

Wiilo   

How do you feel when you see these pictures? And do you think Somalia would be the same?

somalia_gal01.jpgsomalia.jpgSomaliaPR1-20NShilin-1991-donatedth_b.jpSomalia.jpgSomalia_flag_large.pngSomalia.htm_txt_MogadishuAirfldcDOD.gif

when Somalia was Somalia.....

Go figure:.....................

Coloow   

Wiilo,

I feel so angry, so powerless, so enraged at the paradise we lost. There was an article on Hiiranonline where the author attempts to compare xamar and LA (a wrong comparison). I have some memories of Mogadishu in the late eighties when I visited it for the first time. I left Xamar before hell broke.

The way I see it, buildings can be rebuilt, roads could be reconstructed, law and order could be reinvented...but somalism has suffered a blow that is hard to repair.

Who is responsible for our plight????? Yes, you guessed it right! The same people who are meeting in Nairobi and who are expected to lead us! child-killers, war mongers, col, generals who have killed Somalis. Ethiopian and Gaalo lackeys who we dreaded in the past but because of tribal/regional affiliations we glorify!

On the question of if somalia would be the same : ALLAHU ACLAM..but the signs are that we are not going to relive the glorius past. We meed an evolution on the way we think, a shift in how we view nation building, a healing process that shouldn't discard previous atrocities.

We need brave men to say NO to Tribalism. We need brave people to stand up and think individually instead of collective tribalism. We need religious leaders who are willing to question the validity of somali clanism. We need a rethinking of whether or not nation building/statehood ala western systems is the ideal.