Sign in to follow this  
Saxardiid

It must be the biggest show in town but will Amxaaro (Zanaawi) buy it!

What happened in the Somali parliament last week must be one one of the oldest tricks in the book. The president Yusuf got what he wanted so did the parliament: No Ethiopean troops in the Somali soil. Ask yourself these questions then you may start to understand the stage managed grand show at Grand Regency hotel.

Why did the speaker of the parliament insisted parliament meeting to discuss the motion even though Kenyan government made clear that IGAD will exclude the frontline states?

Why not the president didn't encourage his supporters at the parliament to vote in favour of the motion setting his arguement clearly? Surely an issue as great as this one the president must mobalise his support in the parliment.

Why didn't the president reject the motion outright? He has too many reasons to reject the motion, one of them is how widespead violence overshadowed the casting of the vote. Writing letter to the speaker of the house asking him to rethink of the motion shows the president accepted the process although he shows some dissatifaction with the outcome.

Why many mps especially those who support the government are out of the country only to miss the voting of the motion? The example being number of minsters and mps in Biadao who sent back the plane that should take them back to Niarobi without any safisfactory reason.

Now let me explain why the government wanted amxaaro to be excluded from the peace keepers.

All somali political class agree that Amxaaro never supported one leader or group but always maintains link with so-called leader and no2 or no3. Why because they never trusted any somali to be their loyal servent. Consider this;

mr yeey was once most loyal one ended up in prison for not totally obeying their desires.

Omar masale was also once used amxaaro to kick al ittihaad from Gedo. But when he accepted Cairo peace process they armed his no2 to disroy him. Similar thing happen to RRA, Muse sudi and so forth.

So mr yeey used Amxaaro to claim the power but he is not fool. He is too intellegent to get Ethio army in somalia so they will have the liberty to undermine him. But why not the president himself oppose the amxaaro if he didn't want them in the country? I think the simple explanation is that if he did in that way and fasion then amxaaro will start distroying the mr yeey's infant governtment. It is therefore, sensible to use the parliament, Kenyan born polititions such as Farah Malim, international community and somali public to reject amxaaro involvement while the somali goverment demonstarates their tireless work to include the amxaaro with the peacekeepers.

The president and his governement are no deferent then those somali regions that have border with amxaaro. Most of them never demonstrate or voice their disquite against the involvement of the amxaaro in somali peace keeping mission. Did you ever asked yourself why places like mogadishu, Juba regions and shabelle regions demonstrate against anything that relates with the amxaaro.

So the president, the PM and the parliament where all in agreement that the parliament and the public should reject the inclusion of amxaaro with any peacekeeping in somalia. Therefore, I think it was mere show to confuse the amxaaro so they support somali government thinking that the only somalis that have any sympathy for them are the government and its leadership.

But what about the blood and the harm that happene in the parliament? No pain will ever compatible with having large army in the country that only harm averybody.

My only question is will the amxaaro buy that and keep supporting this infant government or will they start smelling the fish and turn the heat up for mr yeey?

Gabbal   

Saxardiid sxb there's alot of allegations in your post not supported by facts. For example:

Why did the speaker of the parliament insisted parliament meeting to discuss the motion even though Kenyan government made clear that IGAD will exclude the frontline states?

1. The Kenyan government excluded itself a long time ago from any peace-keeping roles in Somalia, but had never commented on Ethiopia's stance. Zenawi on the other took every oppurtunity to reiterate his position offering to put peace-keeping roles "on the table".

Why not the president didn't encourage his supporters at the parliament to vote in favour of the motion setting his arguement clearly?

He had done that; mobilize his supporters to the point they would rip up the ballot box after sensing defeat. It's just that his supporters were not very large in numbers concering this motion. ;)

Why many mps especially those who support the government are out of the country only to miss the voting of the motion? The example being number of minsters and mps in Biadao who sent back the plane that should take them back to Niarobi without any safisfactory reason.

True some where missing, but they weren't enough to even close to turning the tides in any which position. Besides men Saransoor and others abhor the Habesh.

Now let me explain why the government wanted amxaaro to be excluded from the peace keepers.

If you are speaking about the legislative branch of the government, then yes they have shown their disdain in bringing in Ethio troops. BUT the executive branch of government headed by Prime Minister Gheedi and the supposedly symbolic president were more then happy to include them.

mr yeey was once most loyal one ended up in prison for not totally obeying their desires.

The president became loyal after being jailed by the Ethios NOT vice versa ;)

Omar masale was also once used amxaaro to kick al ittihaad from Gedo. But when he accepted Cairo peace process they armed his no2 to disroy him.

I concur that Cumar Haaji Massale did bring in Ethiopian soldiers to combat Al Ittihad in Gedo, then ordered them out, but I can vouch that he was still number 1 in Gedo until the diaspora members sent him out of the government for medical purposes. After being treated, the United States denied him permission to leave, but I've just heard that they have recently relented and he is currently in Europe planning to go back to Somalia again.

So the president, the PM and the parliament where all in agreement that the parliament and the public should reject the inclusion of amxaaro with any peacekeeping in somalia. Therefore, I think it was mere show to confuse the amxaaro so they support somali government thinking that the only somalis that have any sympathy for them are the government and its leadership.

But what about the blood and the harm that happene in the parliament? No pain will ever compatible with having large army in the country that only harm averybody.

My only question is will the amxaaro buy that and keep supporting this infant government or will they start smelling the fish and turn the heat up for mr yeey?

Oh pity, will Ethiopia turn against their poster boy? Oh how idiotic we've been, to misjudge our Wadani president :rolleyes: redface.gif Spare me the cries pal Okie Dokie?

Horn

sxb thanx for the replay i'll try to address some of the points you raised. First of all I have some evidence but most of it are things that i found when I reviewed motion and its outcome.

1. I never said A/Y is a nationalist but the motion overlaped with his interest. For practical reasons the president didn't want large Ethiopean Army in Somalia that can undermine his presidence. But he wanted someone to take responsiblity for their rejection. His supporters understood that as well as his opponants his displeasure of their inclusion with the peacekeeping force. Now amxaars blame mogadishu warlords ( and to some extent the mps) for their failure to be attached with IGAD peacekeepers.

2.Kenyan politician Farah Ma'alim said he was part of a group who had discussion with the speaker of the parliament so they can delay the meeting of the parl for few days while IGAD meeting fishes. And issues the exclusion of amxaaro to any somali peacekeeping mission. How on earth IGAD can indorse any mission that needs UN Security Councill resoulution which the US plainly told IGAD partners their desire to veto any peacekeeping in somalia that inclusive with frontline states.

It's just that his supporters were not very large in numbers concering this motion.
;)

It proves my point. He had a majority when he was elected then when pm was approved so why they shrinked in this motion? Because he never mobalised them in the first place.

3. I think if the president was honest about this particular issue he could call all his supports in and outside of Nairobi to attend so they can vote. Any mp who is not attending may influace others who share with him view and tribal connection to vote for one way or another.

If you are speaking about the legislative branch of the government, then yes they have shown their disdain in bringing in Ethio troops. BUT the executive branch of government headed by Prime Minister Gheedi and the supposedly symbolic president were more then happy to include them.

So if things are that clear then how on earth only 55 voted in favour of the motion? Believe me these people are more aware of their long term disavantages if amxaaro army arrive in somali soil with the approval of our people. They also want to use them and avoid their wreath when they change their positions. Did you ever ask youself what will happen to this infant goverment if the minsters clearly reject the axaaro inclusion with the peacekeepers? They will be finished with no time. Remember what happen to A/Qasim when he openly challenged amxaaro.

5.About omar masale the time is up for him. the guy played game with amxaaro but lost it.

Now I don't know whether Zanawi sensed how the game is developing or not. That is my only concern at the moment.