Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Sheikh Xasan Turki is Alive and Kicking

Warmoog   

Thanks for the link, Juje. The Sheikh's tone of voice is a bit different in the two clips, but it still sounds to me as though it is the same man in both interviews. Turki seems to be learning how to stay calm and mince his words when speaking with the media. He struck me as the Faysal Cali Waraabe of the Islamic Courts with his old (tactless) style of public speaking so this new style might turn out to be a change for the better. Sheikh Shariif had to do damage control for the Islamic Courts after Sheikh Turki's first interview and Sheikh Aweys did the same after the second. Maybe that kind of embarrassed him, maybe other members of the ICU advised him to stop airing the more covert aspects of their agenda, and maybe all of that has prompted him to try to be a bit more media savvy or, at the very least, more selective with what he says in public. Whatever the case may be, I'm convinced the rumour about his death was just that, a rumour.

Warmoog, Turki seems to have a slight "jubba" accent (whatever that means) on the latest audio clip. I don't know if you noticed that as well. Or is it just me? smile.gif

I concluded it was just a rumour as well. The good Sheikh is doing fine.

Warmoog   
Libaaxow, I wouldn't know a Jubba accent if it greeted me on the street. Some people can pick up the slightest lilts and pinpoint the small, give-away markers of people's regional accents, but I'm not at all familiar with Jubbooyinka or how folks down there speak. The Sheikh does seem to be doing just fine, though. Some of the rumours also said he was injured in the Bu'aale battle and then rushed to Marka for treatment, but I'm assuming there is no truth to that either.