Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

The secret behind the maneuver Of the three Presidential aspirants in Sanaag region

The secret behind the maneuver Of the three Presidential aspirants in Sanaag region

Hargeisa(Horn) -The Far East region of Sanaag has become the core election campaigns showground where the three presidential entrants are positioning most of their influences. Sanaag is the biggest region in Somaliland and the burial spot of most of the ancestors of the tribes living in the country. Sheikh *****, who is buried in the area is the ancestor of KULMIYE and UCD’s aspirants, Ahmed Mohammed Mohamoud Silanyo and Faisal Ali Hussein respectively. UDUB’s presidential candidate, the incumbent president Dahir Rayaale Kahin’s antecedent, Sheikh ********, is also buried in this part of the country.

It is the first time, in Somaliland’s history, that an Aircraft has been used in a campaign process. Traveling on a special flight to Erigavo, President Rayaale spent several nights meeting with elders in the region.

Addressing an UDUB campaign rally in Erigavo, President Rayaale asked the Sanaag populace to elect him for the leadership of the country for a second time.

Attacking the opposition he said, “First of all, if my friends say nothing has been done, let them know that I am the only one who has done something while they exercise abuses and empty words. Let my rivals say what they want. I stand for only one thing. I stand for peace and tranquility to reach all parts of Somaliland.”

Speaking on the elections, President Rayaale said, “They say that the President doesn’t want the elections to take place. I started elections and up to date I am still stirring it.”

Discrediting the recent registration process, the President stressed that the process was incorrect and his UDUB party would let it go for the sake of the forthcoming elections but fresh registrations will be conducted for next elections that follow.

President Rayale renewed his 2003 unfulfilled promises for the Sanaag residents. He promised that the hard rough road that connects the region to Togdeer region will be constructed. “Victory is the hands of God and you. I therefore urge you to vote for UDUB.” He stressed.

The President explained that Sanaag was the land of the ancestors and where they cast their votes is where the rest of the votes go.

On the other hand the UCID Presidential aspirant, Eng. Faisal Ali Hussein, who was also in Erigavo advised Sanaag people not to repeat the mistake they made in the last elections where they voted for Rayaale. Eng. Faisal pointed out that the entire Somaliland population’s votes that were given to UDUB were a waist and asked those who voted for Rayaale in the 2003 elections to repent because they share all the good and bad deeds with him on the day of judgment.

“Today Erigavo has spoken. It has spoken in a loud voice and said, ‘We are UCID!’”, Said Faisal. “He came to you today and he is mocking your dignity showing you that you are worthless. After sleeping for eight years he took a special flight to come here. I told myself that maybe he is checking whether the Sanaag residents have all died as he wished but fortunately you are still alive and we shall save you.”

Other reports indicate that the KULMIYE Presidential nominee Ahmed Mohammed Mohamoud has also left Hargeisa yesterday, heading for Erigavo to join his Eastern regions campaign manager, the outspoken, Dr. Mohammed Abdi Gabose.