Sign in to follow this  
Macalin

Djabouti!..just see it for urself!

LANDER   

It is obvious Djibouti has a problem with corruption and imcompetent governance. It is being exploited by americans for their own benefit, and you will find me most critical of Guelle. However with that being said, there is a clear distinction between the people of Djibouti and their government, some ignorant somalis often forget that djibouti is 2/3 somali, therefore the people residing there are somali just like those of you who come from Somaliland or Somalia. Being born and raised in Djibouti I can tell you from personnal experience there are alot of good folks from there and the people are often hospitable and kind. The problem I see with criticism coming from some of you is that you are mostly oblivious and ignorant of Djibouti, most of you have never been there or live there. You only know of Djibouti by here say "the reer djibouti think they are better... they think they are not somalis"...etc. If you've lived and you grew up in Mogadishu or some other distant city what do you honestly know about life in Djibouti?

Let me tell you Djibouti is a unique place and the people who come from Djibouti, even though being somali, are distinct simply because of the culture that exist overthere. The land is beautifull, a litte hot and dry :D , the beaches are gorgeous. Ahhh......I remember fridays in Djibouti when we would head to the beach, so many things to do, snorkling, collecting star fish, scubba diving, wind surfing (for the rich). After that you head home with the bitter taste of salt in your mouth and you eat BARIIS and caano :D . Those where the days. I encourage those of you who are talkin about things they don't know to learn more about djibouti, APRENEZ LA LANGUE S'IL LE FAUT, MERDES!!, (learn the language if you like :D ) visit the damn country if you must, but until than stop the IGNORANCE.