Sign in to follow this  
BOB

Where Are The Genuine #10's?

BOB   

Jersey number 10.

This number used to be the most feared, respected and above all cherished of all numbers because it is the number worn by the greatest players of the greatest game, ladies and gentlemen it is the number of Pele and Maradona, the greatest football players in history.

Have you noticed how there are only a handful of genuine number 10's in world football today?

The likes of Zidane, Ronaldinho, Requilme, Rui Costa, Totti, (to me Del Piero is not a play maker but a striker) Carlos Teves, Di Alessandro, Ballack and few more,all the rest who wear the number are barely an average players let alone magicians.

i believe there is no league in the world that abuses the holy number more than English Premier League, for example, look at Blackburn Rovers, who is their number 10? Paul Dikov, for God's Sake redface.gif or Westbromwich Albion, a guy named Andy Johnson or look at Charlton Athletic's number 10? A black dude that I don't even know his name(he scored a hattrick against Liverpool last season at the valley..Sorry Northerner) then there is Nistelrooy for United, they should have given it to young Ronaldo instead, and then there is Craig Bellamy for Newscastle.

I wonder what would players like Zico, Platini, Gullit say when they see Dickov (who is wrestles defenders to the ground) is indeed wearing jersey number 10?

Rest in Peace Jersey Number 10.

The Pele's Number.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Viking   

I think the number issue is seen to be somewhat old-fashion in today's football. It was amusing to see Zamorano (who wore no. 9 for Chile and probably even when playing for Real Madrid) not wanting to settle for less and wore 1+8 at Inter. It's not the number that decides how good you are, but it's always nice to see a great player wear a number 10.

zamorano.jpg

BOB   

Viking,

first sorry about your old team AC Milan, i don't know wether they are trying to emulate my old team Arsenal or not i am not sure but Vecchia Signora is as good as champions because in Serie A 8 points is the acquivelent of 15 points of Prem League.

Sxb,Zamorano aka Bam Bam used to wear number 9 for Inter until a certain goofy super star showed up and demanded the number 9 jersey just because NIKE paid him a whole lot of cash to indorse their product wearing Inter Milan jersey with number 9 complete with his name on the back and since Inter were sponsored by none other than Nike they had no choice but to ask Zamorano to give up the number! Prima donna stuff you would say, right?

but guess what dear friend, the goofy star was at it again when he came to Real Madrid and poor Morientes were shipped to Monte Carlo and Ronni didn't even wait for Morientes to clear his locker before he was seen asking for, yep you guessed it, the number 9 just because it was supposed to bring good luck to him which makes you wonder, where on earth was the lady luck at when he was breaking his cruciate knee ligament at that fateful night in Stadio Olimpico in Rome playing Italian Cup against Lazio as he was wearing #9?

Superstitious or Prima Donna? you decide my friend but to me he is not a man but a coward as he ran away from thousands of fans who idolized him back in Milan and came to an abusive fans who call him "Fat Boy" every time he misses a goal that is why i rate Ronaldinho higher than Ronaldo because he wasn't bothered about the daunting task that was waiting for him in Camp Nou when he was signing for Barca because he knew Barcelona were mediocre team and yet he signed for them and as they say the rest is history... Ronaldinho had faith in his own ability and he knew he could make a difference and he did it..

by the way did you watch Barca vs Seville on Sat night? did you that bicycle kick just before the end of the first half....Oooohh that had me jumping all over the couch.. I Love To Watch That Goofy Genuis.

Tonight we will beat Man Utd...Northerner just watch and learn from the masters sxb and tell Ngonge to stop putting down Arsenal.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Viking   

BOB,

Ronaldo is a good player but a primadonna. He is the type who are quiet the whole game only to pounce a loose ball 10 mins before time and become the "hero". His choice of Real Madrid suits him because he has players who can feed him, unlike Dinho who feeds others and fisnishes himself. Maradona made a BIG difference at Napoli and in whichever team he played with, Ronaldo as good as he is could never do that for a team.

As for Milan, lol, I don't know what's hapenning to them. They have lost to two lowly teams in a row, but sxb don't you dare compare the second greatest side of Europe to Arsenal :D They are not even in the same "league". But there are some similarities, Milan is the only team in Italy that has played a whole season without losing :D

Serie A is far from decided, Juve still have return legs at San Siro with Milan and with Inter at Della Alpi. Juve are winning but aren't playing that well, remember their game against Milan? Milan was the classier team. But hey, Capello is capable of doing wonders so I won't be suprised if they hold on to win the title.

As for superstitions, no one beats Veron. He has a white tape under his right knee which he never plays without. Coincidentaly, the ONE time he played without it, he broke his leg!

At Chelsea 989660Veron%2520and%2520Juninho%252012-0

Man U Candid_Veron.jpg

Argentina vetem

Inter Milan veron_trofeotim2281_std.jpg

Parma veron2.jpg

BOB   

Viking,

you are right Sxb Ronaldo is a natural goalscorer and i will never ever question that part of his game as his goal scoring record speaks volumes but at the same time i felt sorry for Inter fans and especially Massimo Moratti the Inter owner who treated him like his own son but the most painful part of this whole saga is he is earning less money than what Inter used to pay him.

anyway it was good for Serie A that Juve lost last night and Milan won because every Serie A fan loves to see the title race go all the way to the wire like it always has so i am glad to see that aspect of Serie A hasn't been lost.

Peace, Love & Unity.