Sign in to follow this  
Saxardiid

Aden-Adde: A gentleman of Somalia

king_450   

Aden A Osman was the greatest Somali leader ever.

Abu ,The sad aspect for your claim is absurd and illogical,if you go back my previous post i did mention that yes Mr Aden was a great man, but don't u thing that the nuisance you making is rubbish,by saying Aden is the greatest somali leader EVER?! i know you luv the man and by reading his bio, i came to the conclusion that he was allright and gntl, but u need to learn also to give where credit is due. Don't be self centered and get only mule sight. There are other gr8 somali Leaders in the Past,in the present and will be in the future!

AYOUB   

sxb talking about early mistakes do you think only pres Adde made mistake or only southerns made mistakes. What about the somaliland parliment or the their excutives or polical parties and so forth? what happen to the great sland politicians like pres Egal and others. surely they had very big responsiblity for their people if southerns showed tendency of forcing their will to the somalilanders? i think as southern person we took too much blame and scapegoats of every mistake ever done by any somali politician. be fair to the Man and give credit where its due.

Somaliland politicians are exactly that:-Politicians. Cigaal and co had some weaknesses and faults and so did Aaden Cadde.

People like Cigaal were pro-unity,but with a better deal for Somalilanders. Aaden Cadde and the other southern offered a take it or leave it deal to Somalilanders and the voters rejected it and he chose to ignore them. Not all Somalilanders accepted this and Xassan Kayd's coup attempted coup on Aaded Osman government in 1961 is classic example.

I'm I allowed to examine his achievements, was he as great President as people above claim? I'm not questining his morals or ethics but leadership qualities decisions he made and their outcome.

Ayoub sheikh

Aaden Cadde and the other southern offered a take it or leave it deal to Somalilanders

i think this statement is not right at all. the reason is that i heard Omar Arte Galib the formar somali foriegn minister who happen to be active in the politics back in 1960s said when the two sides met for the first time and we told our intention to create union between the two nations, Adan Adde's representives with the knowledge of the president request to see some conditions for the union. Ina Arte said then we came back to the somaliland parliment and told the Adde's position our parliment rejected setting any conditions for the union even when my party showed draft condition we prepared for the occation still the parliament rejected. this version of events also backed by Sheikh Mukhtar who was the speaker of the Parliament of the union in an interview he has given 2-3 years ago and also Jama Yare in his book the coast of dictatership. I think president Adde did his bit but northern politicians either lost the plot or where all satisfied with the political situation in the country. one of their political rights which they could do regtify the situation was to boycut the elections to highlight the situation but to my knowledge the didn't do that even ones.

Aden Ade was the greatest Somali leader ever is my statement and I stick by its totality. If you can disprove it then by al means do.

Who in Somalias history was better than good ol Adan?

Ayoub,

Bro stop repeating what you where taught at home, Aden was not the one who polarised the North it was the Barre Junta.