Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

Zidane or Platini

N.O.R.F   

I missed this one too!

Zizou- no doubt about that

Overated: becks,totti,gerrard,rio,figo(just a little),crespo,..........

lambda   

Zidane and Platini are two different players Zidane is more succesfull than Platini in the Nationalteam.

Platini was the best midfielder in the 80´and he won with the french team the euro 1984 .

Platini and boniek the polish nationalplayer where both playing for juventus and had won everything together.

Zidane was not so good till he exploded in the worldchampionship final and became one of the best players in the world.

The difference is only that Platinis french team except tigana was not so strong like the 98´nationalteam with barthes,henry,dugarry,deschamps,thuram etc .

Platini lost unlucky in the 1986 semifinals against germany but still he is a soccer legend in The world .

You think so lambda? i disagree i did see some of his games for juve and he looked like a great player no doubt, but when i thik of Zidane he pales in comparsion. Zizou created more than he scored, and i would argue that the french time, dispite all of the supposed superstars are not up to scratch without Zidane, where as platini had Gireas Tigana Sixee and so on.

lambda   

hoodi hoodi hi shujui come stai ?

Bro i didn´t say that platini is the better player but he was a great player too and for me its difficult to say one is better then the other cause they are really two different types of players.

In somalia we use to watch worldchampionship video tapes more than 3 times and when u are young all this players like platini,rummenige,falcao,socrates,zico etc are like heroes you know what i mean back home every game was special there was a cinema called macallin jamac they use to show uefa cup games and the cinema was always full.

So it was a different atmosphere and maybe thats why i love the footballstars from the 80´.

take care bro.

Fullah   

Shujui if i try answering your quetion although it is a little late. I like the way Platini plays Zidane is good but not to the level of Platini in my opinion. What you can do is watch his last world cup in Maxico 1986 and even though he was over 30 he was playing extreamly well. Compare one of Platini's game to one of Zidane's game. Their styles are completely different Zedane scores only where Platine make a goals and scores.

lambda   

Platini scored a record 9 goals in five matches at the uefa european championship in 1984.

He was the top scorer of the seria A 1983 with 16 goals and in 1985 with 18 goals.

sto bene Lambda sot bene smile.gif .

I can feel what your saying bro my uncle tells me with great nostalger about watchin the games in the 1980's @ the cineam and recalling some of the names u just listed.

Fullah i'd have to disagree with you there saxiib, i think Platini's goal scoring record shows him as a rivaldo type player, Zidane himself although he scores some incredible goals isnt a prolific marks man. But what he does wth the ball, his relaxed style and goal assits have made him unique.

I have seen platini play and to eb honest he was a great player, but when i think of ziziou really platini just looks like another ordinary player.

Fullah   

Well shujui u say Z I say P but i guess it is a matter of prefrence and i dont dislike Z's way of playing i just dont feel he is better than P. I ihave seen a recording for 78, 82, 86 and if i could get hold of the previous years i would seen it to see how the soccor games came along.

N.O.R.F   

Did anyone see that goal Zizou scored last week, from a long beckam ball with zizou running in from the left and hitting it 1st time in the bottom corner.Damnnn but the Ronahdino goal come to think of it, is the world wide goal of the season already in my book, hands down! If u aint seen it, tooooooo bad!