Sign in to follow this  
Keyz 1-8-7

Liverpool to land Real Madrid out-of-favour striker Morientes

Real Madrid have agreed to sell striker Fernando Morientes to Liverpool.

The Sun says the deal will be completed over the next 48 hours with Liverpool having their £6.5 million bid accepted by Real yesterday.

Anfield boss Rafa Benitez has been desperate to land Morientes, 28, ever since Michael Owen left for the Bernabeu in August.

Madrid have always insisted they do not want him to leave. And Liverpool's bid looked doomed this week when new Madrid boss Vanderlei Luxemburgo claimed it would be like 'dealing with the enemy.'

Liverpool have the provider in Steven Gerrard but will signing Morientes improve their finishing??

N.O.R.F   

^^^You have seen Liverpool this year, we are playing very well, most of the games we lost, we should have won but only due to poor finishing we didnt. I think Mori will provide the finishing we need to get that CL position in the league and beat Bayer Leverkusen in the CL.

Go the Reds

It will take some time for Nando to get settled maybe a season or half a season. English football is quite different to that of the Spanish. Like Reyes proved when he first became a gunner scoring an own goal in his League Cup debut.

Originally posted by $187$:

Real Madrid have agreed to sell striker Fernando Morientes to Liverpool.

The Sun says the deal will be completed over the next 48 hours with Liverpool having their £6.5 million bid accepted by Real yesterday.

Anfield boss Rafa Benitez has been desperate to land Morientes, 28, ever since Michael Owen left for the Bernabeu in August.

Madrid have always insisted they do not want him to leave. And Liverpool's bid looked doomed this week when new Madrid boss Vanderlei Luxemburgo claimed it would be like 'dealing with the enemy.'

Liverpool have the provider in Steven Gerrard but will signing Morientes improve their finishing??

i would like 2 say few words

i been supporting liverpool since i was 8 years. if i say sumfing about morientez he is good player but liverpool is dabuur he will be like djibril cisse

N.O.R.F   

_40784843_mori300.jpg

Fernando Morientes scores a blistering left-foot drive to level things before John Arne Riise seals a vital away win.

Mor Mor Mor, how do you like it? Yes, while all the attention was on Highbury, my attention was on this fixture.