Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

The parliament accuses govt. of delaying Islamic law- IT HAS BEGUN!

Sophist   

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Mogadishu, Somalia (APA) - Acting Somali parliament speaker Osman Elmi Boqore on Tuesday accused Somali government of delaying parliament’s approval of the implementation of Islamic law throughout Somalia.

Talking to reporters in Mogadishu early on Tuesday the second vice president of Somali parliament who is serving as acting speaker said that although the cabinet has already endorsed Islamic law, the prime minister is not wiling for the document to be transferred to parliament for approval.

“I have several times visited the prime minister at his compound and asked to put the law approved by his cabinet before parliament, but he seems to be postponing the matter and I cannot understand why,” he said.

“All people are looking forward to seeing parliament’s approval of Islamic law and if we don’t do this soon we will loose the people’s confidence and they will never believe that the Somali government is committed to administering the nation under Islam,” he added.

He called on Prime Minister Omar Abdirashiid Ali Sharmarke to pass the document to the parliament for endorsement.

On March 10, the cabinet unanimously agreed on the bill allowing the implementation of Islamic law, the first time that a government in Somalia endorsed sharia law.

Source: APA, April 07, 2009

Nothing has begun, stop dramatizing. For the first time since 2006 there is finally a ray of light in Somalia and a flicker of hope. It's about time people started recognizing that and stopped throwing dirt around.

Sophist   

Sherban maandhoow Sol kusoo dhoowoo horta, caano geela geela oo uu gabanku dhamo haloo keeno!. Markaa kabacdi...

Sheban, I am hopeful but this apparent waa bilaabatey is worrying me as this is the natural order of this lot. Anyhow, I hope you my fears are are dont come to pass.

Regards,

Sophist

Juje   

Originally posted by Sophist:

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Mogadishu, Somalia (APA) - Acting Somali parliament speaker Osman Elmi Boqore on Tuesday accused Somali government of delaying parliament’s approval of the implementation of Islamic law throughout Somalia.

Sophist trust me sxb it wil not even warrant a response. On the other hand Boqore was not famous for advocating for the introduction of the Sharia thus his recent remark will be labeled as an individual who spoke for the sake of it.

And nothing has began that has not started before.