Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

A matter of Concern – non-state delegates to represent Somaliland

There are reports though not widely received that delegates comprising of traditional elders including the “Boqor” of Togdheer and politicians representing the opposition parties, Kulmiye mainly with its leadership in the know, but not on the scene, are to reach Nairobi, Kenya to represent Somaliland in the Somali Peace Process.

As much as I desire to see Somaliland as a state within Somalia, thus my wish for a federal republic of Somalia, hence my being fiercely against secession, I am very much opposed to any act(s) or initiatives that would harm its stability and existence.

This truly is a matter of concern for I see a repetition of sort with the intent of destabilising peaceful regions, Somaliland in this case, which draws parallel with what the Arte project did to stable regions including Puntland and Southwest in 2000. I am of the belief that if anyone is to represent any region(s), it ought to be those in the leadership, and not self-styled personalities perhaps meaning well in their simplistic fashion, but could lead to unprecedented chaos of unseen proportions. It indeed infuriated me then as I could foresee the troubles in the horizon, and do not wish to relive it now.

Somaliland of today is so weak in its leadership that it lacks the stamina, experience, coalition, and endurance that Egal had in his hey days, and politically divided as regions outside Hargeysa cannot quite identify with the state machinery in Hargeysa, and the fact that the political parties (Kulmiye with huge constituencies) feel to have been cheated of victory, swindled of opportunities, and constituency rights abused all of which worsens matters.

Be tragic as it may, people are dismayed as they find themselves at cross-roads losing faith in the leadership with none of the promised offerings and contributions of supposed recognition ensuing elections fading away and not materialising.

This effort proposed by IGAD, encouraged by the EU, which bears both the advisory and financing influence behind the scene, and blessed by the UN – the David Stevens format – has been accepted by a number of highly influential politicians in the Diaspora.

Our colleagues in the know perhaps could stir and knock on doors instead of rambling on to the wrong direction, or worse yet practising the good old culture of silence – ostrich style.

Salaan...

Originally posted by Samurai Warrior:

...which draws parallel with what the Arte project did to stable regions including Puntland and Southwest in 2000...

I had seen in your other posts also blaming any political pin that drops to TNG, the Carta group. Duqa, in your opinion, it seems wixii xunba Cartaa leh inaa ku wadid sheekada. :D

Macsalaama.

Brave   

Salaam bro Samurai Warrior,

delegates comprising of traditional elders including the “Boqor” of Togdheer and politicians.....are to reach Nairobi, Kenya to represent Somaliland in the Somali Peace Process.

Care to name them?

There are reports though not widely received

You got that right, since these reports have been circulated for the past week or so by hornafrik.com and the likes, yet not materialized.

I see a repetition of sort with the intent of destabilising peaceful regions, Somaliland in this case, which draws parallel with what the Arte project did to stable regions including Puntland and Southwest in 2000.

Wouldn't you like to see that happening to Somaliland? However if you take just few seconds to think, you would recall how more important individuals representing Somaliland attended the Arta conference yet did not shake the stability of the country. Allow me enlighten you as to why these individuals (if any) are not exposing their names. They do not want to commit political suicide; as everyone knows what’s the outcome of this conference, before it even started. Clue, what happened to the previous 11, 12 or 13 conferences (forgive me for I lost count)?

I am of the belief that if anyone is to represent any region(s), it ought to be those in the leadership, and not self-styled personalities…

Didn’t it occur to you that these people were bought for few $$$$ in ay IGAD ku maaweeliso the warlords to tell them that now there are representatives of Somaliland and bring C/qasin back to the conference iyo kuwii la duday.

Keep praying for Somaliland to be destabilized, you've been doing it for the past 13 years, yet not answered. I wonder why?

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar ,

While trying to be ironic you hit it in one Arta is oops was very bad.

Care to tell us what posative steps came out of Arta apart from making your champion Abdiqasin very rich?

MMA – You have every right to hold that presumption. Perhaps it would have been better to address the matter under its appropriate thread. Or are you in the quest for additional information to formulate afresh opinion on the matter?

“:…. blaming any political pin that drops to TNG, the Carta group” You reckon? I am assuming that by disagreeing with my take on the Somali politics of the past 3 years, you have an opinion of own. If so, perhaps you would care to share it?

Brave – are not you a little bit paranoid mate? Perhaps you want to re-visit the post under normal conditions for your response appears to have been aimed at the wrong target, way off mark and off beam, if you will.

SmithNW – good to see you mate - thanks for the observation as I thought I was the only one to notice that our friends MMA went in for the kill, the Arte style.

Cheers.

Lixle   

This is just nothing more then a remake of the failed Artha attempt whereby they brought on board the "very small in number" yet pro-somaliweyn cohorts that hail from Somaliland, in order to blackmail the world. That attempt failed miserably.

Today, the world has more information about Somaliland then it had previously.

The thing is not who represents Somaliland, the real issue should rather be, do the Somalilanders (The people) want anything to do with Somalia in the first place?? As far as the people of Somaliland and their genuine political leaders are concerned, Somaliland's position is very clear. No amount of blackmail will derail this fact. At the end of the day, what the people want is what counts, and what the people of Somaliland want is nothing more then their right to self-determination.