Sign in to follow this  
Nationalist

China gives President Yusuf support to help Somali tsunami victims [PHOTOS]

I have almost respect for them, they never took part the civil war nor they exploited our resources. In serious note though it’s not that much money to be honest with you it can only pay for few weeks rent (i.e. hotel with full bodyguards) for the president. I hope more money will arrive buy out the warlords and their militia otherwise Doofaarey will be permanent seat for the government. :D

Saxardiid, this money is for immedeate shelter, food, water and medicine for the Somali Tsunami victims not for the Somali government's expenses. Kenya is allready taking care of that area. :D

Who said that the Chinese never exploited our anarchy and chaos? Among the many illegal foreign vessels who fish in our waters that were arrested by the Pland coast guard, there were also Chinese.

Though we can thank them for getting rid of the warthogs (wild pigs) in our country when they were building the long road. Walahi doofaarada weey ka dhergeen, they are the main reason that they are almost extinct besides droughts.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Saxardiid:

I hope more money will arrive buy out the warlords and their militia otherwise Doofaarey will be permanent seat for the government.
:D

You hit the nail in the head sxb...the money which was donated for the victims of Tsunami in Bari will be diverted for the sole use to but out the Warlords so the Colonel Yusuf can strenghten his grip in power.

I pity those innocent victims of Tsunami disaster, they are just nominal and no one cares to do anything for them

Gabbal   

I pity those innocent victims of Tsunami disaster, they are just nominal and no one cares to do anything for them

You are also politicizing the effects the Tsunami tragedy sxb. If you care, donate some money to the SOL donation bank...

Originally posted by Nationalist:

[QB] Saxardiid, this money is for immedeate shelter, food, water and medicine for the Somali Tsunami victims not for the Somali government's expenses. Kenya is allready taking care of that area.
:D

You making me worry now. The aid money should go straight to the victims not politicians either in Kenya or in Somalia. Pres. main problem is not Tsunami victims but Mogadishu warlords. Mr Kibaki's request must make him and the MPs head’s spin.

Juma

Pres. offer of 4 more ministers for Mogadishu warlords seem not working so he will be very delighted to have few more quid he can satisfy them better. :D

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

You are also politicizing the effects the Tsunami tragedy sxb. If you care, donate some money to the SOL donation bank...

With all due respect for the intent and effort of SOL admin, sxb it is not only the source of collection. Never the less I thank you for your direction and I dont think it is appropraite and neither will it have the sense of 'sadaqa' if I told I did or didnt.

Which brings me to my main point which you disputed. Whether the $100,000 received by the President on behalf of the people affected by Tsunami tidal waves will reach its intended target. My answer is big NO and it will never get anywhere near it.

Am not naive like you Horn, and I do not hesitate stating my view.

If you are still persistant then may you could tell me how no one, and I mean no from the regional government, or the many NGO's in the region failed to even produce and show the rest of the World the level of damage from Garcad to Hafuun till today.And I wish you knew how many digital cameras are in Puntland. Not also forgetting the our neighbouring Djibouti who did not even blink to send in a helicopter or even a ship to go and aid those people untill now while the pledged to help those as far way as Sri Lanka.

Hence my dear friend Horn the fact of the matter in here so far is while the people in between Garcad and Hafuun have suffered and continue to suffer no one (except for few people here in London and USA - who have privately raised funds) has been able to help them. The UN did an arial review of the area and managed to get lil bit of aid in there. But there was no Puntland, no regional governments of Igad (who are so much milking money on behalf of Somalia in Nairobi).