Sign in to follow this  
seattle

I THINK THE WORDS OF OF VP OF PUNTLAND MADE SOMALILAND RETHINK TO WHAT THEY SAID

seattle   

Puntland’s VP addresses the nation amid invasion from Somaliland

- Friday, January 09, 2004 at 21:50

Garowe (AllPuntland) – “Young and old; Men and women, we must all defend our country” excerpts from a radio speech by the Vice President of the Puntland State of Somalia, H E Mohamed Abdi Hashi who addressed the nation in the wake of armed raids by militias from the neighbouring Somaliland (Northwest regions of Somalia).

Reports indicate clashes between the Puntland police and militias loyal to Somaliland government lead by the minister of Rural Affairs, Mr Fu’ad Adam Adde in Tifafle, 15km to the northeast of Las Anod, capital city of Sool region. Three people have been reportedly killed with dozens injured after Mr Fu’ad Adam Adde whose whereabouts are not known thus far attacked the Puntland police.

Our local reporter notes that the Puntland police came under attack, but were quick to disperse the attacking militias killing two of them and taking eight of them as prisoners. Included are the son and a brother of Mr Adde who is believed to have escaped to villages near Aynaba. The injured were being submitted to Las Anod main hospital for treatment while the prisoners were transferred to Garowe, Puntland State capital.

Diplomatic intelligence from sources in Jibouti and in Hargeysa indicate that the government of Djibouti is encouraging Riyaale government in invading Puntland State to destabilise the region with shipments of military and ammunition backing already reaching Borama.

Reports just reaching our local office in Hargeisa mention a conflict between Riyaale who ordered the attack earlier today and his generals refusing to engage in any kind of war, with neighbouring regions in particular.

Mr Hashi in his State address called upon the public to remain vigilant, calm and defend the country from invading forces of Hargeisa administration.

“I am calling upon the people of Puntland State of Somalia, young and old, men and women, to defend the country against the blatant invasion and cowardly aggression of the Hargeisa administration. We shall be victorious for we are being attacked. And we are on the defence” said Mr Hashi in his radio speech.

People in major cities of Puntland are said to have been vigilant ever since the Parliament of the self-declared republic of Somaliland declared war on Puntland on the 21st of December 2003. It came as no surprise when militias taking order from Somaliland’s minister of Rural Affairs attacked the police, as theirs had been expected.

At a time when all Somalis are focusing upon the ongoing Somali reconciliation and peace summit in Nairobi billed as the last hope to end the 14-year-old civil war in Somalia, no one seems to know exactly why and what the Somaliland government wishes to gain by waging a war on its neighbouring Puntland State.

Both Puntland State and Somaliland had remained relatively peaceful during years of civil unrest in other regions of Somalia. Claims by both administrations to Sool, Sanag & Ayn regions lie at the heart of the conflict.

seattle   

BROTHER THEIR IS NO ONE CRYING BECAUSE I HAVE NOTTHING TO LOST JUST TELLING THE TRUTH AND IF THE THRUTH HURTS YOU I AM SORRY BROTHER.

ALL I HAVE TO SAY NOW IS STAND BACK SOMALILAND I DO NOT THINK U WANT TO MISS WITH PUNTLAND OK