Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The War with Israel is over!

NGONGE   

To my Arab brothers: The War with Israel Is Over — and they won. Now let's finally move forward

By Youssef M. Ibrahim

With Israel entering its fourth week of an incursion into the same Gaza Strip it voluntarily evacuated a few months ago, a sense of reality among Arabs is spreading through commentary by Arab pundits, letters to the editor, and political talk shows on Arabic-language TV networks. The new views are stunning both in their maturity and in their realism. The best way I can think of to convey them is in the form of a letter to the Palestinian Arabs from their Arab friends:

Dear Palestinian Arab brethren:

The war with Israel is over.

You have lost. Surrender and negotiate to secure a future for your children.

We, your Arab brothers, may say until we are blue in the face that we stand by you, but the wise among you and most of us know that we are moving on, away from the tired old idea of the Palestinian Arab cause and the "eternal struggle" with Israel.

Dear friends, you and your leaders have wasted three generations trying to fight for Palestine, but the truth is the Palestine you could have had in 1948 is much bigger than the one you could have had in 1967, which in turn is much bigger than what you may have to settle for now or in another 10 years. Struggle means less land and more misery and utter loneliness.

At the moment, brothers, you would be lucky to secure a semblance of a state in that Gaza Strip into which you have all crowded, and a small part of the West Bank of the Jordan. It isn't going to get better. Time is running out even for this much land, so here are some facts, figures, and sound advice, friends.

You hold keys, which you drag out for television interviews, to houses that do not exist or are inhabited by Israelis who have no intention of leaving Jaffa, Haifa, Tel Aviv, or West Jerusalem. You shoot old guns at modern Israeli tanks and American-made fighter jets, doing virtually no harm to Israel while bringing the wrath of its mighty army down upon you. You fire ridiculously inept Kassam rockets that cause little destruction and delude yourselves into thinking this is a war of liberation. Your government, your social institutions, your schools, and your economy are all in ruins.

Your young people are growing up illiterate, ill, and bent on rites of death and suicide, while you, in effect, are living on the kindness of foreigners, including America and the United Nations. Every day your officials must beg for your daily bread, dependent on relief trucks that carry food and medicine into the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, while your criminal Muslim fundamentalist Hamas government continues to fan the flames of a war it can neither fight nor hope to win.

In other words, brothers, you are down, out, and alone in a burnt-out landscape that is shrinking by the day.

What kind of struggle is this? Is it worth waging at all? More important, what kind of miserable future does it portend for your children, the fourth or fifth generation of the Arab world's have-nots?

We, your Arab brothers, have moved on.

Those of us who have oil money are busy accumulating wealth and building housing, luxury developments, state-of-the-art universities and schools, and new highways and byways. Those of us who share borders with Israel, such as Egypt and Jordan, have signed a peace treaty with it and are not going to war for you any time soon. Those of us who are far away, in places like North Africa and Iraq, frankly could not care less about what happens to you.

Only Syria continues to feed your fantasies that someday it will join you in liberating Palestine, even though a huge chunk of its territory, the entire Golan Heights, was taken by Israel in 1967 and annexed. The Syrians, my friends, will gladly fight down to the last Palestinian Arab.

Before you got stuck with this Hamas crowd, another cheating, conniving, leader of yours, Yasser Arafat, sold you a rotten bill of goods — more pain, greater corruption, and millions stolen by his relatives — while your children played in the sewers of Gaza.

The war is over. Why not let a new future begin?

Source

--------------------------------------------

No comment.

me   

Worthless Arabs!

This is what they are saying to Palestinians, imagine what they would say to us if we were in a position like that, lets speak hypothetically and say. Ethiopian troops occupy Somalia and we are fighting a war of liberation, what do yo think the Arabs would say to us?

^^ Have you checked the source of this story before you say anything.

Why do you people always look at what the Arabs did or did not for Palestine. Have you asked yourself what you did for Palestine ...

Is the sprit of Islam that you only breach what you practice yourself, so unless i am helping the cause of my Muslim brothers in Palestine, Chechneya etc myself; i am in no position to question why others are not doing anything about it.

me   

Hizb, Chechnya and Kashmir or Palestine do not concern me. Somalia is being invaded as we speak, so if you care talk about Somalia.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by me:

Worthless Arabs!

This is what they are saying to Palestinians, imagine what they would say to us if we were in a position like that, lets speak hypothetically and say. Ethiopian troops occupy Somalia and we are fighting a war of liberation, what do yo think the Arabs would say to us?

If Ethiopia invaded Somalia most of the Arab world will help Somalia out. Still, politics, my dear brother, is not about who you like it’s about INTERESTS and it’s in the Arab world’s interests to make sure that Ethiopia does not have control over Somalia.

In addition, the Arabs fought THREE wars for Palestine and lost every single one of them. They tried the economic route by stopping the supply of oil to the world and still failed. Despite all the hyperbole and rhetoric about the Arab efforts to help their brothers in Palestine, when one goes back and looks at the history of this conflict one has no choice but to concede that the Arabs have done all they can do to help.

Hizb,

I put the source there on purpose, saaxib. I could have easily put a different source and you would be none-the-wiser (the article can be found in countless sites on the net).

me   

Ngonge,

If the Arabs have given up on Palestine, people who are considered Arabs, what make you think they won't give up on us too? Yes it is politics and they will like not Somalia falling into Ethiopian hands, but they will do nothing about it. Only time will tell but I would say it is foolish to think that the Arabs will resist Ethiopian occupation of Somalia.

It is up to us, either we will fight for our land or we will perish. If they see an Ethiopian government that will make a deal with them the Arabs will desert us in a second.

ME, have you forgetton already, it was you who criticised the Arabs and i merely pointed out where you were going wrong with this.

Now if you want to concentrate on Somalia do so and if the blight of fellow Muslims do not concern you am happy to say it concerns me and my prayers with them, whereever they maybe.

NGONGE, The article has some reality to it, but showing your enenmy you are defeated is an ultimate sign of weakness and i cannot advocate the publication of your veiws in that regard.

NGONGE   

^^^ The article is a joke, saaxib. I posted it because of its absurdity and do not agree with any views expressed in it. It is far-fetched.

Me,

The Ethiopians (if they ever invade) will target the capital and the mullahs. You being a Somaliland resident (regardless of you being a supporter or critic of that entity) should not worry yourself too much with the capital city of the Republic of Somalia. It's the Somali way, brother.

me   

Hizb it is just that kind of attitude that helps the enemies of Islam. People who pray and do nothing else. Millions of Muslims are praying for Palestine, Kashmir and Chechnya everyday. It has always disturbed me that in every Friday prayer they pray for Palestine, Kashmir and Chechnya, but they never pray for Somalia or the Ethiopian Muslims.

The Zionists don't just pray but they work day an night for their cause, while the so called caring Muslims just pray and do nothing else. If there is Muslim solidarity the Muslims should do more then just pray.

I wish all the people of the world and in particularly all the oppressed Muslim people of the world their freedom, but the Somali people come first on my list because I am Somali. Once we have dealt with our problems only then can we talk about the rest of the world Muslim or non-Muslim.

Muslims have also been oppressed in Ethiopia for hundreds of years. 65% of the Ethiopian population is Muslim, but you rarely hear our fellow Muslims praying for the Ethiopian Muslims.

me   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Me,

The Ethiopians (if they ever invade) will target the capital and the mullahs. You being a Somaliland resident (regardless of you being a supporter or critic of that entity) should not worry yourself too much with the capital city of the Republic of Somalia. It's the Somali way, brother.

The so-called Mullahs are Somali brethren and the capital is the Somali capital and my capital too. So you suggesting that I shouldn’t care about my nation is just funny. Although I do not agree with the ICU and its supporters on the political front, there comes a time when there are higher goals that unite us all.

The defence of our nation is a cause that transcends all ideologies, clan barriers and other sorts of division in our country. That is the Somali way too, brother.

N.O.R.F   

^^ I think he is just pulling your leg.

Time will tell. The Arabs and the muslims are playing the patient game. Building up enough arsenal and logistical expertise to 'do sumfink'. Do they (we) have the bottle is the question? Its easy for a Palestinian to go to war because he has nothing left but will a rich Kuwait, Saudi, UAE go to war and risk losing all that black gold???????

NGONGE   

^^^ Not at all. The brother, like all Somalis, is a dreamer. He’s got all his priorities mixed up. Why, I ask you, does he get hot under the collar at the prospect of an Ethiopian invasion? Is he scared that it will bring more (and worse) destruction? Is he worried that it will humiliate people? Could it be because these Ethiopians are not Muslim and, he, as a Muslim cannot accept such non-believers defiling his Muslim lands with their hooves?

You couldn’t make it up really.

me   

hahhahaha@Ngonge, you are a natural coward, that is the difference between you and me. You are also ignorant by generalizing all Somalis and calling them 'dreamers'. Ngonge if you are unwilling to defend Somalia and you are so willing to change sides at every occasion then why does it surprise you that there are people who are different then you, people who care about their nation.

Whether Ethiopia was a Muslim or Christian country it does not matter. I care about my nation and my people. If you don’t care about anything why do you stand in the way of those who care? Why don’t you just stay away from these arguments?

It might seem funny to you, but I would never hesitate killing cowards like you by the millions. It is not about Islam it is about survival. The ones who have been destroying our nation for the past 15 years are the likes of you who not care about our nation. The cowards who plot against our nation with our enemies, the same cowards that sell our land cheaply, the same cowards who dump chemicals on our shores, the same cowards that enslave other Somalis, the same cowards that dump Somali refugees in the high sea’s. The same cowards that created famines, the same cowards that made Somalia’s elite refugees, the same cowards that have made all Somali people hate each other, the same cowards that do not understand the importance of our culture, language and unity. You and the likes of you are one with these people, because they exist because of people like you who are cowards.

Call me a dreamer; at least I have a reason to life for and a cause to die for. You are a coward and you are no different then a sheep. So life your 70 years and die and no one will remember you because you were a coward.

Dreamers change the world, a coward never achieved anything.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

To my Arab brothers: The War with Israel Is Over — and they won. Now let's finally move forward

No comment.

Hello Mr. Integrationist, the struggle is on, and your fears are in fact materializing to the loss of Isreal and its demoralized armies.

Is this what you had to share with us after all your absense for serving the MOSSAD, the Isreali Intellegence? :D

NGONGE   

Heh! Did the word dreamer offend you that much?

You have no idea, saaxib. None at all.

Allah ha ku sahlo ban ku edhi. Get yourself all worked up over nothing and go defend the remains of your land.

Mr Needy, nice to see you again, saaxib. I missed you too.