Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Why is Somaliland stable Somalia anarchic?

Why is Somaliland stable & Somalia anarchic?

Department of Religious Studies & Arabic

COLLEGE OF HUMAN SCIENCES

SPEAKER:

Dr Iqbal Jhazbhay

TITLE:Arabic COLLEGE OF HUMAN SCIENCES

SomalilandSt.jpgSomaliWar.jpg

‘Why is Somaliland stable & Somalia anarchic?

An Approach towards understanding Somaliland’s Post-War Nation Building &

International Relations

Discussant:

Prof Chris Landsberg

Director: Centre for Policy Studies &

Professor, University of Johannesburg

DATE: 23 October 2007

TIME: 10h00

VENUE: Theo van Wijk Building

10th Floor, Room 24

Old Council Chamber

RSVP not later than 28 September : Thea Eicker

Tel:012 429‑4523 Email: eickedm@unisa.ac.za

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by me:

she is darker.

Ohh, yeah sorry, I forgot S/landerska hablahooda in ay is cadeeyaan...Ma Bad... ;) Waal inloobay wayaahan inaan cadaanta loodhalanin oo la gato...

note to self: Somalilanders are lighter than Somalis....................Skin Bleaching anyone!!!

Emperor   

The stableness of a country isn't measured by how many students graduate or whether there were any graduates or not. Mogadishu alone had produced more graduates than all of the former Somali republic combined.

Again there are other parts of the said Somalia that are stable which is being ignored, huge parts; which are peaceful and have a fully functioning local administrations, and can compete or perhaps score better in any field than Somaliland. Why are these places being ignored and why always exploit the misfortune of the few areas in the South, why always it's hardcore secceniosts and other Somaliland advocates that are trying hard to compare the unlucky warzone areas to Somaliland and not forexample, the much greater land and more successful than theirs i.e. Puntland.

I would like to see that next time, should a sessionist Lander tries to do an article or organise a event such the above.

Kool_Kat   

The Duke & Emperor ina adeerayaalow maxaan idiin kugu duceeyaa...

Emperor, very well said...It is amazing how certain Slanders enjoy the misfortune of Southern Somalia...Shame shame shame...

Malika   

The mistrust conspiracy theory! How addictive it is. :(

I would have loved to attend that lecture,just ease my addiction... :D

Emperor   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

It is amazing how certain Slanders enjoy the misfortune of Southern Somalia...Shame shame shame...

Indeed it's sad and absolutely shameful, there is an Arabic proverb that says "Muusibatu qa'wmin cinda qa'min farax", or in other words one man's misfortune is another man's great content, or perhaps a joyful achievement :D .

ElPunto   

God - how many threads like this are there with regard to this subject? Guys - just make a separate corner called - Why We, The One and Only Good Guys, Rock and You, Thou Beastly and Foreign other, Suck. That way - no one even has to see the title let alone content of inane threads like this. :rolleyes: