Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Was Saddam Hussein really a bad guy?

Modesty   

We hear and heard it all the time in CNN, MSNBC, and FOX news, that Saddam Hussein was a bad guy. We heard that Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator who poisoned gased his own people.Bush said that he was a evil man and that the world is much safer now. Well, although he did kill his own people, that was back in the 80's when he was a puppet American hegemony. But I asked myself, why was there such a strong need to get rid of one man? I finally came to the conclusion that Saddam Hussein scared the hair off western powers, not because he had wmd but because he gave the muslims in the world a backbone. He was the only arab leader who speaked out against the wrongdoing of the west against muslim lands. I believe he was a strong leader, he even welcomed Somali refugees to Iraq.In fact, I heard from some Iraqis that before Saddam's rule, the British colonists in that country where much hated by the Iraqis because they treated them so badly. I am not going to believe someone is evil because some anchorman said so, I choose to think for myself and come to my own conclusion.

Salaamu alaikum w.w.b