Sign in to follow this  
Mtoto Wa Geti Kali

The Strong Black Woman is Dead!

Malika   

Da Scarecrow,

I agree with you that there are elements of deterioration in our morals and ethics in the Diaspora.But I believe it all steems back to Somalia,at what is happening and what has been happening in the last 17yrs.

We were once a noble people, proud ,hard working[i am speaking from my experience]..above all we were respected,valued..at least where I grew up.But after the civil war,and since then we have lost our dignity..we have became burdens ,beggars,killers..etc etc...

We have angered Allah considerably,and we still havent yet learned our lessons..I see many forums,folks spilling venom at each other..for what an ancestral name? who cares,when you die its you and your camaal that goes infront of Allah.

Okay am getting depressed..

As for marrying illegally, unfortunately this system of registering your marriage is completely new to us...so noo qalee!

Living on DSS,I cant excuse this honestly as a tax payer,it gets to me that the ones on the dole drive better cars then me..lol,but some folks have no work ethics in the first place,so being here where you get free money for lazying around..is pure heaven.

As for the hubby being a boyfriend, it reminds me of this woman, she went to see her GP,she wasnt feeling too good.He confirmed to her after tests,that she was pregnant,the doctor took upon himself to congratulate her,asked her about her husband..ofcourse the xalimo had to pull the old time lie,and said nah, he isnt my husband but my boyfriend.The doctor was a pakistani muslim man, he couldnt help but get very annoyed with her,told her why was she wearing the nikhaab,if she is sleeping around and comitting zinah!! How embarrasing for the sis,she said she wanted the earth to open up and swallow her..she had to tell him the truth,as the doctor was furious!!how she make a mockery of the deen,wear a nikhaab,yet declaring openly that she has comitted zinah!

lol..this turned out to be an essay,a bad constructed essay..lol

Munira ;)

Centuries of having a superiority complex with the view that Somalis are homogenous people. Where even though stateless, we walk around like ‘diamond mine owners’. We are like a vector persistently annoying, but rather ineffective.

Living in a society that is cyclical looks like we have not evolved as the rest of our peers. We put to shame the maxim ‘every generation is incrementally better than the previous one’

I agree with you totally on the aspect of History, but where does the social responsibility lie?

Your thoughts flowed freely, and I appreciate the sentiment involved and wish many expressed themselves like you did.

AND DON'T GET DEPRESSED, ITS ALL PART OF THE PROGRAMME..

Malika   

"Centuries of having a superiority complex with the view that Somalis are homogenous people. Where even though stateless, we walk around like ‘diamond mine owners’. We are like a vector persistently annoying, but rather ineffective."

Da Scarecrow, I should invite you to come and talk to my year 11 group of Somali kids,they are so arrogant,ful of wrong kind of self assertiveness,which causes them to be branded as "diffult,hard to reach, underachieving, trouble makers",their view of life and achievement isnt realistic,and I believe it all steems to what you have said on above quote.

Honestly its hard not to get depressed,when your standing on the side observing the destruction within your own community.

:(:(:(

Munira

I applaud your courage & probity in taking up a noble cause. I would be truly honoured if I had a chance to paint a vibrant, yet realistic picture for your young people. Considering that they would be our future, we need to invest in them wisely.

I place the blame solely on us men! Especially coming from a patriarchal society, where men used to be men. Now we roar majestically at every street corner, but nevertheless are toothless and shy from responsibility.

We need to stay firm, not get too depressed and seize the opportunity to make considerable change among our people.

Living in a society that is cyclical looks like we have not evolved as the rest of our peers. We put to shame the maxim ‘every generation is incrementally better than the previous one’

What saddens me is that we are a community headed to extinction due to our inability to adapt effectively, compromise with each other internally.

Every other community with built in history like ourselves have flourished in their host nations, why not us?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: