Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Mullah

Somalia: “We shall review the opening of the airport” says Abu-Mansoor

The armed Islamic movement of Al-Shabab has explicitly announced that they will go to negotiation about the opening of the Adan Ade international airport, which they have earlier announced that it closed and no single plane can land in it.

On the other hand the Al-Shabab group has said that there is no one time they have threatened the Hawiya traditional elders including its spokesman Ahmed Diryie.

“Our words are not verses from the Holy Quran which cannot be alternated and we can do examine the situation of the airport once again, and that is if we sit together and discuss about the matters of the airport all that we want is peace and stability among the Somali people” said the spokesman of Al-Shabab Sheikh Muktar Robow Ali Abu-Mansoor speaking to the local radio station in a call conference.

Likewise the sheikh said that there is certain Airplanes Company which has told them that it will give lucrative sum of money to the armed Al-Shabab group as blackmail so that they once again announce that the airport is reopened, but he added that they have dumped it aside.

“There are some speculations which I have been hearing that these days that there is a rift between Al-Shabab and elder Ahmed Diriye that is useless and baseless we know Ahmed Diriye has suffered because of Al-Shabab in the hands of the Ethiopian troops, I am telling you know he is a free man in a free state, I know there are some biased Websites which have published that Sheikh Shariff and I are enemies to each other and that is null and void” said Sheikh Mukhtar Robow Abu-Mansoor.

The spokesman of Al-Shabab also added that there are some who use their name falsely, and kill people aimlessly; he also said that there are some whom they have apprehended and will face according to the Islamic law.

This statement of Al-Shabab coincides at time when more than 100 people have died since they announced that the airport is inoperative because of exchange of weapons between them (Al-Shabab and combination of AMISOM and Somali soldiers.

Mohamed Omar Hussein

shiinetown@hotmail.com