Sign in to follow this  
Abu-Salman

ATHEISM FUNDAMENTAL INCOHERENCE

Johnny B   

Cara mia.

There is only one way to find out if your beautiful hirsute palms contributes to steady grib , and as where to attach those bits to make you more aerodynamic, am gonna take to a sky diving , so grab that bag and get ready , and if worse comes to worst and our parachautes never open, Xiin's kind angels might save us. ;)

Good Xiin, becouse of 'your absence' or the absence of anybody with the claim of definite knowledge of what is beyond the grave, we don't have to necessarily opt for wild shots , all we did was ,let our brains storm , and inso doing not only did we realize the limit of our igronarce/knowledge of what is beyond the grave, we even realized that we coulden't reasonably find actual ways and means to increase the probability of your loaded assumptions compared to to what anyone of us has opted for.

Good Xiin, plain speech may be your Achilles’ heel, but not substantiatng your loaded statements ,definitely is, given the permision to utter myself, that is, but then that is why i appreciate and respect your standpoints, affirmations and all that has to do with beeing so determined.

A flaming Atheist as i were, neither did i turn a possibility away nor did i neglect any sphere of reality without the engulfing natural reality that dictates the contrary, while most theists hold to their guns infront of every overwhelming indication of diffrent nature , and sometimes get intellectually dishonest, needlessly to mention all the killings and distructions caused by the crusades of the diffrent good faiths.

In denial is man only if and when one is confronted with a truth that correspondes to some sort of reality, but for this flaming atheist good Xiin-ow it is the other way around , i've yet to deny the existance of coherently, cogently and naturally presented diety who is naturally real , be it yours or mother Goose' , ofcourse , here i'm disregarding your dazed statement of "something whose absence you can’t prove" ploy. ;)

Placing a hope beyond the grave might be a good wishful thinking , but closing humanity in solitary prayers and dreaming of death as a door opening unto an eternal bliss condemns man in this life as a crawling worm, and it's a way too fetching that futile hope at best .

*It may take me weeks to respond as my vocation starts today , but am sure the thread is crowded and loaded enough to shelter more intresting posts. *

wishing you all , the best of summer !!

In denial is man only if and when one is confronted with a truth that correspondes to some sort of reality, but for this flaming atheist good Xiin-ow it is the other way around , i've yet to deny the existance of coherently, cogently and naturally presented diety who is naturally real , be it yours or mother Goose' , ofcourse , here i'm disregarding your dazed statement of "something whose absence you can’t prove" ploy.

Placing a hope beyond the grave might be a good wishful thinking , but closing humanity in solitary prayers and dreaming of death as a door opening unto an eternal bliss condemns man in this life as a crawling worm, and it's a way too fetching that futile hope at best .

Since you've stated explicit arguments, we can start confront them.

First of all, believing in God is not a blind act of faith in the sense of a "brainwashing" transmitted across generations though atheists arrogance may find hard to concede intelligence and rationality to believers.

Of course, overwhelming evidence could be find in the complexities of the universe from DNA to galaxies, rain to the highly precise athmospheric composition which contribute to many vital human needs at the same time (and the list seems endless, more perplexing if you have even a very basic scientific scientific).

In fact, even Einstein was a pantheist who amalgamed God to every material entity though this belief won't qualify him for the majors religions.

At the same time, science is suited for material, physical realities and not for the metaphysical realm, thus making it inappropriate when discussing religions unless clearly "experiencable" contradictions are revealed (for example, it will be foolish to claim that the Bible wasn't altered, and it is quite possible to verify that the Quran has been preserved ect).

As for the second argument that imply somehow a diminished humanity, wasted life with too many limits for the believers, one may seriously wonder wether you are as "bright" as you seem to claim.

More precisely, have you ever considered that every point you make could be instantaneously used against your atheist stance?

What could be more depressing, futile and inhumane that a hedonist way of life, seeking constantly immediate satisfaction, more often than not in contradiction with your own inner moral sense.

Besides, given that strong moral values are linked with above average intellect, an ability to look at the "big picture", one may wonder by the same token wether sincerely religious people are the most "naive", less able to think critically ?

For instance Newton was both a "genius" and devout Christian, so was Descartes, father of the systematic doubt or doubting as a method.

Likewise most of the prominent scientists before the secularism rise, a purely cultural phenomenom (certainely not a critical and rational position as often too arrogantly claimed).

Clearly, claiming that moral values are resulting from "evolution" and function as a way to maximise our chances of reproduction requires quite a lot of blind "faith" especially when atheist extremists go further by explaining our compassion for animals ect by another acrobatic theory, stating that the goal is not only to preserve our own genes but even genetically

similar living beings (though I would hardly feel more compassiontowards a "fellow" ape who share more than 90% genetic material with me than my beloved cat ect).

Now the question is on which side wishfull thinking is heavily relied upon?

Salahh   

Aaaahhhhh...a little too full from all the lies I was gobbling up. All ya'll need deliverance. HOLY Mother of God....what are these people talking about? The utter disregard for the most high....UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I mean what is this world coming to when we have individuals like JB with architects in hand ready to build their castle in hell! Don't worry my ni99a, I heard hell is a fu#k fest anyway. Seriously, a total riot. A nut like you would fit in perfect. I even heard that all the legends of past time just kick it there....no law, no death....imagine being an outlaw for eternity! uuuuhhhh the mere thought of it makes me want to orgasm.

Back to the topic at hand. Since we just came into being when our parents decided to please eachother out one sorry night, not a choice of our own by the way, isn't it only ideal that we will cease to be one day without having to deal with an afterlife or punishment for our current life? If God is real, he/she will not punish me for the living I did. I don't know about you but I am currently waiting for the postman to bring me the set of keys that will grant me entry into heaven. I hope hell is as pretty as they make it sound JB....burn my ni99a burn....and by the way JB, if the lord asks you if we have ever been affiliated in any way whatsoever, don't you dare even think about ratting me out or I will make hell stand up to its true definition. Am out.

Johnny B   

Bro Djib, beleiving in God might or might not be a blind act of faith in the sense of brainwashing, and you've yet to teach us what it is, As for intelligence a rationality the yardstick is everything but the ability to beleive or to doubt.

If an overwhelming evidence of God's existance is to be found in the complexities of the uvinerse and the decisive factor in taking those complexities as an EDIDENCE of God's existance is their contribution to mankind needs and well-beeing ,such as the complex athmospheric composition that gives us 'rain' then the contrary would yeild the nonexistance of God or the existance of an evil God, namely all those naturally poisonous berries out there which are part of the complexities of the universe could be claimed to be contributing to everything but mankind needs. no?

It seems as if you're trying to put me ( humanity ) in the center and condition the existance of a Deity by the contribution it makes to my vital needs and well-beeing and since it rains , you're telling me to thank the Lord.

What i'm trying to say is those who claim the possession of knowledge regarding the existance of God opt for a knowledge that is more accurate and precise than your complex complexity evidence. they claim an absolute knowledge of a truth a reality , hence their belif.

Metaphysics has as of late became the scpaegoat for everyone with an unproveable or undismisable assertion, so let's look at it without assigning an extra sense to it.

Ta Meta ta Physkia in Greek means simply the books after the books on nature.

Originally, this wasn’t even a subject at all — it was a collection of notes on different topics, but specifically topics removed from normal sense perception and empirical observation.

From the hints i've garthered from my discussions with fellow SOLers that they seem to regard metaphysics as the study of higher reality or the study of an invisible nature that is behind everything, ofcourse that is wrong and it is everything but lucid and it assigns a specefic sense to the term .

Metaphysics is the study of the fundamental nature of all reality (realities)

Today, the popular sense of metaphysics is the study of any question which cannot be answered by scientific observation and experimentation, such questions are many and the question of the existance of God is one among many, namely ,What is out there?What is a reality?Does Free Will exist?Is there such a process as cause and effect?Do abstract concepts (like numbers) really exist?.

Because everything in metaphysics is more controversial than other topics,for some people , metaphysics is largely pointless and will never accomplish anything natural, According to them, metaphysical statements cannot be traced either true or false and as a result, those statements don’t really carry any valueable meaning and shouldn’t be given any serious consideration.

consquently ,we all have a metaphysical perspective because we all have some opinions about the nature of every reality, some of us beleive that Castro is an Angel sent to SOL by God ( that is as controversial as it gets).

Aristotle ( Mr laga ficnow)’s book on metaphysics was divided into three sections: ontology, theology, and universal science. Because of this, those are the three traditional branches of metaphysical inquiry. Ontology ,deals with the study of the nature of reality: what is it, how many “realities†are there, what are its properties, etc. The word is derived from the Greek terms on, which means “reality†and logos, which means “study of.â€

Theology, of course, is the study of gods and deals with questions like does a god exist, what a god is, what a god wants, etc.

The branch of “universal science†is a bit harder to understand, but it involves the search for “first principles†things like the origin of the universe, fundamental laws of logic and reasoning, etc.

After beeing so depressed in your hedonistic bliss where in your study of Gods(theology) have you answered the theological question of "What is a God-"? and went past the stinky, dummy and irrelivant science that deals with the low senses of mankind , thus made to bedrock, or is it simply that you too killed your muslim brother but prayed "janazh prayers" on his body , thus claim the upper hand of morality?, as Salahh put it all you need is deliver bro Djib.

Salahh... Since God knows everything , he already knows that we're ni99erly brothers . :D