Sign in to follow this  
Haashim

Series of True Stories #1

Haashim   

I will try to reveal here some true stories which happened in our society. some of them the witness is me or i got from a confident source and i will tell wether this happens to me or from reliable source.

My purpose is to get your feedback from this real stories which, i am sure most of you have witnessed similiar or more exited ones.

the title of the first story is: Is it worth to send our kids to Somalia?

C, F, & D. are three young somali siblings (the oldest one is 11 yrs old) who were born in London and never saw Somalia, their mother very intelligent and kind woman decided to see her mother in Somalia before her death since she has'nt seen whole the 13 yrs which she is living in UK. it was very good idea, she also decided to take her kids with her to allow them to see their grandparents and also their mother country which they never saw. everything went allright, they reached small town which grandmather lives, they enjoyed their first days however, aftyer a several days something strange happened, what is that?

According to mother, the children started to ask their mother, mum who's our friends from *** clan? the mother surprised, they never ask this question before, mother understood where they heard from but asked them WHY? we want to know mum, because everybody here is saying that they're enemies, they killed fulaan and fulaan etc. the mother surprised and told them don't ask me this question again, these people are liars, what they're telling you is not true it's false ...., but the kids insisted to know the differences between thier friends back home :D (Sorry back UK), they insisted to know, when she refused they named such as was D or G from that clan? etc. the mother regreted that she brought her kids in this country, she later decided, to prove that the people of this town are wrong, to tell some of her closest friends (both in terms of friendship & in terms of family) to be that clan and she asked are they bad children? they sid NO! so 'she said' don't listen to these people. but they come the next day (and believe me this is what she told us) and said O, Mum you know why they're so good because Abbayo N. (their cousion) is the mother of S,M, and ... and Aunt S. is the mother of H, M and.. but their fathers come from that Clan (which is not true). Who told them this details? :confused: the mother become upset and decided to leave ASAP before they learned many other things and they returned to UK.

What's your idea? Is it worth to send them Somalia to learn So-called their culture or not?

Salam Calayakum Muraad

I dont no about kids, certainly i think it is abit of a risk to take them back whilst they are still so young for a variety of reason.

It is a difficult one to call, i personally know of a family that came back from somalia just recently. The mother took her 3 kids with here and the expirence seems to have been a positive one, the certainly came back on a high.

It could have equally been quite opposite for a variety of reason, one being the one you mentioned.

I dont personally have akids myself smile.gif , lakin i think if i where to, i wouldnt take them at this point in time, unless they are of a mature age i.e. 14yrs plus

Changed   

i think it depends , because the case that u presented may be quite different from other peoples cases, that ladies family sounds like a tribalist one , so instead of teaching the kids the good stuff(language, deen, telling them heroic stories , badiye stories) they thought the kids the bad stuff so i would say it depends ...i hope ... :(

i wont take my kids to somalia , its personal dow smile.gif

Liqaye   

Hey muraad i wonder were you are leading us because you have not told us much about this family that went back to somalia.

Did the kids atleast know how to speak somali, or scince the were born in the uk were they just darker versions of an english kid?

Whem you talk about somali culture why does it seem to dovetail with clannism, as miss unique said the family seems to make its living out of clannism.

Hey and doesnt every society have its blemishes in our case this sensless qabilism which having been to both countries, i have the feeling they would pick up quicker in the UK than in somalia.?!

Oh and muraad what do you suggest as an alternatve to them seeing their motherland....h@ll what does any one on this forum think is an alternative?

Haashim   

OGUN first of all, I just told the story as it happened and i know the family very well and it's true. secondly, these kids were speaking Somali very well, also they were learning Quran etc. otherwise they wouldn't understand these people very well.

Some people may not like to hear such stories but this is our reality, if we deny our reality we can't solve our problem (Soomaalidu sideedaba runta isuma sheegto)

what i'm asking is this mother regrets that her children learned not only that they're from that clan and they're different from that clan enz. but also they were told that clan fulan made atrocities in their area and they're so and so ... in other words they were learned to hate others.

OGUN also said "i have the feeling they would pick up quicker in the UK than in somalia.?!" that's true some parents or relatives,friends etc learn kids to clanisim in western countries, but we're talking about the parents who don't want their kids to learn such things.

Finally, OGUN if you asked me the alternative i would say is LABA DARAN KALA DOORO or DILEMMA others may disagree but i myself have been to somalia recently and as they say QOFNA KA WAREYSAN MAYO :eek:

Liqaye   

Muraad i understand what you are saying but again i ask what you want from.

a) forum members

b) somalis as a whole.

hey i know some families try to keep their kids away from qabilyad but it never works, the lady in question should have taken the oppurtunity to educate the kids on the real meaning of clannism, that it benefits the few and it is only there as a system of idetification.

out here in qurbo you get kids that really believe in this clannism, i mean more than even those who profit by it,.

why is that i dont know but i know one thing, may be the lady has created an AURA around this clan thing that she should have demystified.

What do you think.?