Sign in to follow this  
Zaylici

Think and ponder this question, good freinds

Zaylici   

Given the calamity( disaster) that predominated Somali homeland and world at large, and the impeding one that is about to insue, what is the historical role of men and womnen of Somali origin in the daipora with regard to the resolution of this calamity. Include in your answer, my good fellow, the following two components

1- a practical means that can be employed given the dailly circumstances of the avarage Somali student/worker.

2- an immidiate and long time ends that can be persued by the personalities that delight in the performance of the public service.

Your thoughtfull answers are contributions in my opnion to the sad historical reality of ours. Ponder, therefore and let us share the products of our thought and meditation, so as to better serve the noble cause of helping the disadvanted other whom we share certian commonalities. Needless to say, the disadvantaged other is non other than the Somali speaking mass in the African horn and the daisporic communites that inhibit around the world. Comprehensive approach, that is a resolution to the wider Somali problem is more approperiate than a resolution to a particular clan or region in my opnion.

Untill then may we enjoy life as it presents to us, while we continue to greive with suffering masses in Somali pinansula.

Haille, Samatalis

Liqaye   

hey zaylici , i hope i dont veer to far off the topic but let me try to explain how i see things with somalis in the diaspora.

There a two strains and a third very minor strain of thinking with the somali community in the west, easily surmised as,

1> "what has somalia ever done for me, i was 3 yrs when i left and i dont get the language the culture or even give a damn to learn any of these.

2- "i am ready to go back and i really want to help my people, but first there has got to be peace, color t.v, first class hospitals, re-runs of seinfeld, no horrible wrigly things that bite you on the foot,,,,,oh and a ben and jerrys around the coner then maybe i will set up an extractive bussiness that will add no local knowledge or increase value on home goods"

3- " i want to get my degree maybe some work experience and then I AM GOING BACK period".

1 is worthless but honest 2 is worthless and dishonest and not only that people who think like 2 have pernicious effects with thier FAUX nostalgia on 3.

3 on the other hand is learning, leading and never forgeting that their kingdom is not in the barren platue of the west but in SOMALIA.

for these people a practical website to visit is TAKINGIT GLOBAL were there are list and adresses of people who think like them in somalia.

zaylici i feel myself veering off. :eek: bear with me

ogun! come on man dude u talking about africa! but guess what there r color tvs in africa and u can watch seinfeld re-runs via satilite! the way i see it, every human his lil rock to identify as his home! and u know what how the saying goes

"east west home best" dont worry too much! most my relatives were back home this summer and they tell me that they had a blast! guys where telling me that women were fighting over them! now me its a different story!

i wanna visit but...my first problem is gonna start with in the plane when i see ppl smoking in the plane! i will go ape shit..then when i land there! my first problem is gonna start w/my relatives! we bought them a farm, then the next call from them was, hey u guys we need money to hire ppl work in the farm...i ask the dude..so like u working on a nasa project. u dont nothing, u go and work on the farm..he never called me again. guess, what i did, i gave the money to my aunts n now that farm is making money

i say on big step for xalimos n - stop for farahs!

if u wanna go there let us arrange an entourage to there n knock some af miishaar heads! i dont think xalimos dont give a damn, they got their niggaz to beat them up so! all i can say is this xalimos will join us when hell freezes over!!!!!!

peace ;)

Liqaye   

LOL rudy the first part of your response tells people that they can have the brain deadning effects of western propoganda in somalia as well.

the second part that you are not flexible enough to go with the flow when you see them doing things like smoking on planes.

As for the rock you talk about.....that is n my mind..until it grows a million fold to cover the hole of somalia.

Hey scince you are so funny i will put in category 2 you know you deserve it :D