Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

WHY DON'T WE MIND THE SOMALI BUSINESS?

Coloow   

salama,

There are:

a) Over one billion muslims in this world.

b) Over 600 million people who orignate from Africa- not add the nearly 4 billion people of colour.

But what amazes me is the notion that somalis are in the forefront when it comes to discussing issues that affect the above two groups, while, their own group (10 million) are faced with social and economic demise!

So why don't we mind our business instead of discussing world issues such as the middle east, Zimbabwe, Russia, Pakistan, afghanistan, US etc?

Gabbal   

You're going to have to explain yourself better Entrepreneur, because I'm lost as to what you started this whole thread for :confused:

Coloow   

Ok somalis

You are quite right. I wrote the piece in haste. Let me put it simply:

Everywhere you meet somalis(in buses, at home, coffee houses, schools, cyberworld) you get the impression that we often discuss issues that do not directly affectthe somalis.

It seems to me we are more concerned of what is happening in Grozny, the middle east, US, UK, zimbabwe you name it than somalis!

Why don't we spend more time and energy on issues affecting somalis?

NATURAL   

salaams,

Well there brother interesting question. I think 1stly it is within human nature to discuss all that is around you not just to limit our conversation or discussion to one particular issue. I mean I agree that we should be concerned about the state of Somali’s and discuss their situation how ever u need to understand that the world doesn’t evolve around us. As for the issue regarding why we discuss the Middle East is because we are Muslim’s and they are Muslim’s and as Muslim’s we should worry about a fellow Muslim brothers, for what effects them should effect us too. We discuss the western world because we live in it and hence can’t avoid that issue either. The rest of the countries we hear about in the news and in the tabloids so again we are exposed to them. Being able to discuss other issues is good for us, we then can see the state of the rest of the world and reflex on that. You never know we may even learn from it.

I also have a question for you...if we were to waste our energy on Somali issues what would they be; politice? qaat? qaabil :rolleyes: ? I wonder