Sign in to follow this  
B_A_L_L_E_R_Z

THE SILENT SEGRIGATION IN SOMALIA

WAZUP XALIIMOOZ AN FAARAXZ,,CHECK THIS ARTICLE OUT,I CAME ACROSS IN 1 WEBSITE,,SHIT IS KINDA DEEEP,,WALAAHI,,,

LET ME KNOW WHA Y'ALL THINK...PEACE & LOFEEEEE

THE SILENT SEGREGATION IN SOMALIA

I was born into a Somali family unit, who are rich in the traditions, Islamic Religion and customs of African Somalian ancestors. I grew up in where human ill treatments were way of life. A habitat of the Unique Culture, home of Common language, house of Single religion, and people that you can not differentiate of their color, and people who have same physical shape, a group of people who divided up a sense of belonging with Tribalism a feel of common identity. But full of discrimination, Prejudice, and disrespect part of its nation based on their previous tribe legends norms and illogical mentality set of false belief. I was born as normal child as same as another babies, The discrimination started on as soon as I came out from the womb my mother as an innocent child I was thrown into hostile niche, I entered the new world crying, was I hungry, thirsty, frightened, frustrated? I do not know but I am sure, the people around me were laughing for joy and congratulating to my father and my mother because I was born from the society who values the boys more than girls, why? However, As soon as I was born, the Somalis announced this word "the new midgan boy was born" I was attached with the stigma of being Midgan, sub-human by the eyes of somali majority, for the result of this stigma, I was enforced to feel agony and painful of discrimination.

After I reached five years old I questioned my self why and how I am different from my age groups? I could not able to figure out the answer. So whenever some one who calls me that name ”Midgaan” I feel sadness because I do not deserve to be degraded and labeled abusive name. I used to feel anger because that name hurts my feelings. Anger, sadness, pain, and frustration were became part of my daily life since I was five years old. Somali children do not stop calling me that name. who told them that I am Midgan? did they know me that I am Midgan before they were born? they were innocent too as I was. what was my reaction; I started fighting, yelling, and arguing, Scratching their faces, punching, wrestling and hurting them physically but they hurt me psychologically and physically, I have gained double pain but fighting with them gives me something that is, I felt relieved after I threw away all my anger, for them it is for fun, for me, It is very serious and painful.

It seemed to me that I refused to accept the inferiority status because I believed that I was not born to be inferior for them and I was born to be free. I am sure, I am equal to them neither they are not superior nor I am not inferior but we have to be same as long as we have same biologically organs. I looked at them and then looked at myself, we are same, we all have a heart, lungs, brain, and the like. we are also literally made of same stuff: water, salt, flesh , blood, bones, soul and so on. Our desire to seek pleasure and to avoid pain in common to us all: all of us tried to avoid physical discomfort. should we experience pain, we all suffer in much the same way. the wound to the arm of somali children is much like a wound to my arm but I am Midgan person, why? we feel same pain of insult as emotional damage in our honor and human nobility, we also seek emotional pleasure and flee injury to our feelings. I have figure out academically that we are alike, all of us regardless of our tribe or color or culture, all of us we face four fundamental issues. First, Every one realizes at some point that life is finite: we will not go on, at least in our present form, forever. Second, Each of us discovers some what early in life that we are isolated from all other human beings. the envelope of our skin separates us so that no one knows our true internal states. Third, all of us are thrown into a world that forces us to make choices. in the face of peer pressure and cultural and legal constrains, we have to make choices every instant for our lives, the choices we made can effect our long term lives. I chose not to Accept inferior status.

Finally, The world has no built in scheme that gives it meaning. it is, at the moment of birth, a meaningless world. All of us must give it meaning, such as the desire to find a mate; someone to love and care for us. why somalis do not give us care and love us? why they hate us? what happen the love that our religion that teaches us? .We deserve as human respect. for the sake of equality then we must be equal every time, they told me that I am Gun means ignoble and they are Gob means noble but my mind could not perceive not accept that supremacy. my mind tells me that Norms are made by those in power make the rules and laws, history in Somalia so this is a pressure and do I have choice and freedom.? I am as a poor as ignorant as my fellow somalis who hate me while they do not even see me why they hate me? Who will I blame my ignorant, my ignobility, my poverty, my complete inexperience about the past history of my people. Somalis who hear my name they do not know me whether I am Darood, Hawiye or Dir. well-born child, good looking, intelligent, religious, rich or well educated but when they hear me that I was born from that tribe. I become automatically criminal because I was only born from unwanted and most hated tribe in Somalia heritage. why ? why? Why? this is an echo in my heart, this problem has impacted by heart powerful.

I grew up where the Somali history has been a history of tribal struggle, of struggle between dominated tribes and dominating class tribes, where the history of Somalia was not elegantly written neither foreigners nor Somalis but was supported by unquestionable authorities who told their ruled society and dictated their foreign writers never question the masters. "believe what we say for Somalis, write what we dictate for foreigners, we are homogenous people and there are sab and Somalis, for the result of this I am qualified to be Sab but not Somali but do I accept ? No, I questioned the set of cultural taboos and Somali history, that is why they may hate me, but do they know me who am I?

I decided that I am going to spend the rest of my life fighting with people who hate me when they do not even know me why they hate me and I do not know what crime that I have committed and what I have done to them but I know mythically that I was born doubly from Somali Minority “The Midgan Tribes” nothing less, nothing more I recognized so far.

those who share my views surely will be jailed and undermined because of their belief of human equality and working toward the justice. what about me. I may be attacked, I may be sailed, or exiled, I may be killed or tortured, I may be jailed for years or for life, I may be murdered because of belief but I will never give a way or yield. I will never abandon the cause of truth, moral and virtue. I am Criminal because of my naked idea because of my arrows of truth that will hit a lot people who live in all over the world and they will see the naked truth of history of my people. The truth is often a terrible weapon of aggression. It is possible to lie, and even to murder, with the truth. The truth must be above all, even when it upsets and devastates us. The truth may be stretched, but cannot be broken, and always gets above falsehood, as oil does above water. Beside that, my country will never be a civilized country until we see the truth and human equality in the same quality, until we expend more money for books than we do spend for chewing khatt. Until we understand the foundation of every state is the truth education of its youth.

I speak, and not with the voice of one or two individuals but with a voice or range of voices which credibly represents all oppressed community on the earth. There are three kinds of people in the world: One that makes thing to happen. One that watches what happen. One that asks what happen. I want to be the One who makes thing to happen, which means to happen Equality among Somalis; my philosophy is to delete the word Sab from the minds of Somali young generations then from the books that were stored in the libraries. At least I will question the Authority and I will accept the consequences.

I am so eagerly presumed that my idea of truth is truth that I believed strongly in my heart, no matter what Somalians say or Interpret about my naked idea. I know Somalian cannot see their errors. They are turning away from the Reality. In reality, I am seeking to liberate the vulnerable Minorities from the ignorance of their lost and buried origin history and Somalians from the arrogance and denial of human rights. Their biggest obstacle to finding out the truth is ignorance. They are common people who are largely illiterate and dependent upon the rumors they hear or hearsay. they are common people who shared to discriminate part of their people with out rational reasons.

I am a person who is ready to do what is right because in my heart I know it is my right to fight for equality, peace and justice among all human beings not only my tribe also you have to know that changes starts one person

questioning, challenging, the culture, the traditional law, the history, the social constructed norms, speaking up and doing something to make difference. there fore, we can make each other difference because each of us is already part of the community where tribalism or racism exists and thrives, finally my role is to change the mind of all the Somalis not only one tribe or family. I am nonviolent, peaceful warrior who armed with intellectual and moral values. I believe talking is better than fighting, I believe when people do not talk and communicate and understand, then their communication would be only war, hate, later, their fears, their ignorance, their problems are more likely to worsen, and this is the situation of my people who are somalis. for the safety of the next generation. We have to find constructive ways for our people to work together, learn together, talk our problem together, be together the most serious times of war or peace, respect each other, intermarry each other, enjoy the resource of our country together, and to forget the past tribalism ideology and deal with the really life of today and the future.

Let us punish those who divided us by tribes and gives us the names of Sab and Somali. what is the punishment; logic persuasion not murdering, The meaning: when the people start arguing one issue each other, all of them are in different boats means they are in confusion in the future implications but when they converse each other. The confusion breaks out into tolerance and if not agreement. this is human nature that one side who takes seriously will success whereas other will become looser. so all of us can not reach a progress with out opening the doors of logic Arguments. the productive arguments. We have to disagree each other on some issues in order to reach possible and effective agreements but we can not accept the division of human and sub-human among our people. We need Equality, justice, and peace. If you want peace work for justice and equality. what my people want is so easy; gives us. you can gives us, we deserve our rights. we are applying kindly now from you. As Somali Society, all Somali tribes agreed many centuries to sanction Midgans. now can Somali major tribes agree to lift up the suction from our oppressed tribes. All somali tribes have three choices; You can refuse to give us our rights, ( Keeping the sanction) You can ignore us which means neither giving nor refusing. You can oppress us or Justly, you can give us and we will demand more rights in the future. Our demand is here as a summarized.

We, the members of minority groups (Midgan, Tumal, Yibir, and others) demand our rights as human beings: We demand our right for Tribal Identity. We demand our right for political participation and voice .We demand our right to be treated as equals and with justice. We demand our right to marry any consenting Somali woman, No body can deny our people to marry the women they love and love them. We demand our right to participate and contribute in Somali Peace Process. We demand our right to be free from discrimination in our own country. We demand our rights to own property and occupied Geo-political land in every region we live in Somalia. We demand our right to occupy positions of authority and responsibility in our own country.

We are neither Sab nor others, we are not Abaans, we are not Gun, we are not Midgans but you call us all these names. Do we like them, No. Please stop, stop, stop, calling us those names. We are Somalians not outsiders. A zebra does not despise its stripes, we are one nation who share every thing, we can not share everything and still despise each other, we belong same flag and same land and same ethnicity. For kindly, Respect us as human beings that is what my people want, we want to live in an open society and accepting free society where we can walk with our head up, like Somali citizen not like strangers and second class citizen not like indirect slave. Together we have to condemn publicly and privately the errors of the past and we have to correct the future generation, not to follow the steps of their far fathers, not to repeat the legacy of their evil customs and those who led them to do wrong became guilty of crime and responsible for evil that they had directly or indirectly encouraged their children. We are the children of Adam and Hawa (eve) we are not criminals we are innocents and victims of the past.

I couldn't read the whole thing but it is really deep! We should learn from our mistakes.

If i was ever a somali leader i would put the ignorant people in jail. people who talk about qabiil and that kinda stuff just piss me off for real.

"i would put the ignorant people in jail"

For Real, i would perhaps also make complusary for their jail term a Lenthy course on somethin such as ' A Study OF Foriegn Cultures and what Multi Culturlism entails' and what ever that may entail. Coz even if tehy remained Ignorant tehy would never the less still would have been exposed to how backwards the leevl of thinking is.lol

Well done Ballerz that was a Phaat article well worth the time consumed reading, much appreciated.

Mudane   

Well, Ballerz we know how Somali people like to claim unfounded praise and like to pride themselves with segregations. What is worse is that we are not even aware of our actions.

To demonstrate to you what others think of us: I used to work with a guy from West Africa, one day he came to me and asked me if I was really from Somalia. I asked him back, surprised, why he was questioning it. His answer was that I didn't act like one. When I asked him to explain to me what that meant, he said, "Well, I am sure you know how Somali people like to diss other Africans, and pretend to be of higher status".

I explained to him that not all Somalis are the same, and if he met few not so good Somalis they didn't necessarily represent the whole Somali community. Like any othe community we have good and not so good people.

My hope is that, after being exposed to other cultures and communities, we will, hopefully, develope a sense of awareness.

1 Luv to all bros, sis

Mudane i hear wha u saying blood, we somalianz love 2 think we are better than everybody, in every way, i mean thatz not a bad thing if u look at it cuz its a confidentce booster, but at the same time u should never judge some 1 , leave the judging to ALLAH [scw] seeen..

but still i aint got nothing but luv for soomalida aduunka .from the heart

ScarFace   

OI BALLERZ blud it aint just about somali's man

UK has wat ppl call GYPSY's aka Midgaan SO Dis ting runs thru da world not just somali's.

yu see GYPY's in da UK get disrespected too man so its a common factor of life.

in every part of every one ders always some kinda hatred or racist/prejudice type of tings. so no matter how hard ppl try dey can neva get rid of it.

judging ppl aint guud but its der deep down only arrogant ppl judge other'S....

BALLERZ

Walaal, when you write Allah or any of His beautiful names, add (SW) which is Subhaanahu Watacaalaa. In the case of the prophet, add (SAW) which is Salla-Allahu Aleihi Wassallam.

May Allah bless you