Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Migration to Colonial Lands

Khayr   

Salams,

I was at a lecture and I heard a shiekh say something very interesting. The shiekh said that in recent times, we have had muslims migrating to the lands of their former colonialists. For example the Moroccans and other North African muslims migrating to France; Pakistani, Indian and Somalis migrating to England and the rest of Europe as well as North America and etc.

The colonialists left the muslim lands yet the muslims returned to them for 'Refuge'.

It is a very sad testment on how the Ummah has become. For Somalis to run to the British and Americans whom had conquered them and to even rename part of Somalia as 'SomaliLand' (the same name that the British gave to Somalia' is really sadding and shows how disgraceful the people have become. Disgraceful to whom or what u might ask? To the deen al-islam and the ummah of sayyidna Muhamed (Salallahu caliyahe wasalim).

Salams Khayr

I see what your saying Saxiib, and its not for me to disagree with a sheik...but lets consider why we have migrated to where ever we find ourselves.

Civil wars, Abject Poverty, human rights abuses, Dictatorships etc etc.

Walaahi it is a sad state of affairs that we cannot live in our own country (the somali's that is) however we cannot continue to blame the colnial past forever.

For us independance came @ a cost of losing land to Ethopia and Kenya, and some segration between North and south ( although this is quite arifical).

However since 1960 we have been the ones that had a say in our future...well somali's if not citzens.

The reasons why we find ourselves where we are is that our countries are ruled by Dictators, Despots, Puppets and Muppets, AND THATS IF THEY ARE RULED AT ALL (somalia and afganistan as example).

People are only human and want the best for the children and parents and family. Tell me would u still be in somalia now if u had the choice given the continued strife??

Lets just pray that we may be able to return back to our countries in the future, that we will be able to establish a home for ourselves, that we will be able to live in an islamic country inshallah ameen.