Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

A quest that needs people with a high Calibre

Hibo   

This is a piece I have written in the Somalinet forum couple days ago. I felt the need that it would serve its purpose if I copy it here hoping that some of you may reply to it positively.

-----

Numerous months have now elapsed since I first became a member (not active though) that decided to be a contributor to this forum. I have hence taken many false opinions for true -namely that I single-handedly will alter Somali ideological stance- and that consequently what I have afterwards based on my principles had become highly doubtful; and from that time I was convinced of the necessity of undertaking this arduous task that requires not only a clear understanding of the issue and how to tackle it but more so hands and other ideas that have the same canon.

From now, I have to rid myself of all the opinions I had adopted, and commencing anew the work of building from the foundation due to my desire to establish a firm and abiding superstructure in Somali political, social and economical saga. But as this enterprise appeared to me to be one of noble-magnitude, myself tells me to wait till I reach in my late twenties so then I shall be more judicious. Though this sounds plausible the providence of the Somali sovereignty will not wait, consequently I shall lay the foundation now and complete the task in the coming years with the help of Allah. Today I have opportunely at liberty my mind from all the cares Somalis hold dearly -mainly tribalism- (happily disturbed by no guilt or hatred of any kind), and since I am in a secure possession of leisure in a peaceable environment of education (though I have lots to study), I shall at extent apply myself earnestly and freely to the general overthrow of the Somali dogma-namely tribalism, to this end it will not be necessary for I merely to undertake this quest- if I do take this long path perhaps I shall never reach until my late 90's* if I am spared that long, the odds are I will not considering the mortal rate in Somalia *- It would be wise to perhaps seek people with similar ideas and calibre. In turn this brings me to purpose of this writing. I seek people who shall forsake harebrained Somali ideas and adopt rigorous and rewarding

idea that will prevail the sovereignty of our long lost nationhood. Though this may be

obtainable, we must nevertheless here consider that we are men (human) consequently

prone to have shortcomings. For example, we may be in habit of chatting about Somali politics in tribilistic manner (something some of us cannot resist), as long as you don't believe in it and it is just a corporeal rather then ideological then it is fine.

Surely what I have written above will make sense to some of you and even some of you may go further and dismiss it as a mere rhetoric, but I urge you not to be cynical about this and face it with pondering mind.

Some of you may wonder as to how we can start this quest of re-establishing our

nationhood the answer lies within all of us (I have some idea, but my idea is

changeable, hence if you produce a better idea, then surely I shall be Somali

enough to take it).

In this stage, the quest requires five educated people who preferably can write English

and Somali in advanced level (Social science background would be an advantage).

If you think you think that you would be the person this expedition requires, please do

not hesitate leave a message either on this thread or on my Somalinet Private

masseges.

How many times have I seen people reprobating ideas that are rather stalwarts, experience taught me to omit such the insidious pressures of modern life of Somalis consequently I shall resort to my antediluvian style of overlooking such things

What I propose is rather rewarding thing; it may on the outer-set seem rather shoestring but trust me if managed well the after-effect would be great.

I have spoken to many great educators some of that are quite well respected in their

field, and also have a well-grounded information about Somali's political saga (mind you they are all non Somali). All the suggestions I have received from these scholars were indeed plausible. Everyone said "it is groundbreaking idea" but they all indicated a major encumbrance. The problem they saw was finding the right people to execute this mission.

The mission is to establish young Somali educated Union whose only interest is to

promote mass education, political awareness (globally; because if people think about

the wider picture then they will realise how pathetic their situation is and locally) free

marketeering (which already exists), and also promote self reliance. And all this can be achieved by utilising a fair and effective media that is emancipated from tribally

orientation consequently I propose Monthly magazine that deals with the above issues. For the initial stages the magazine would be Electronic one. And hopefully within a year we can publish it as normal magazine in addition to the electronic one. It will be a bilingual (for this reason we need people who can write Somali beautifully). It is only a suggestion, if there are better ways in reaching this goal we shall change our mind.

At this stage the many people I have discussed this issue with; there are only two chaps so far who showed a promising enthusiasm. One is currently reading Social policy at Yale University, America and the other was educated at Queens House, Oxford University. Both men I believe have the characteristics this quest requires. However, the number this quest requires is far greater than three persons, consequently if you think you can contribute to this expedition then please feel free to leave a message either on this thread or on my private messaging services that Somalinet provides.

I am sure we can achieve this if we possess all the pertinent information, if we can start out from a given system of ORIENTATION, and if we enjoin complete knowledge of available tools the bugaboo if you like which remains is purely one of technical.

Farah.

PS: Also, we need two people who are very good web designers any volunteers?

------------------

Respectfully-Farah