Sign in to follow this  
Ameen

On The Day of Uhud (Part One)

Ameen   

On The Day of Uhud (Part One):

On the day of Uhud,

I stood along side the greatest of men.

My heart overwhelmed with excitement,

Knowing I had missed Badr and Uhud was my opportunity to make amends.

For indeed I was only one young fighter amongst brave warriors

But I had prepared myself to meet an honourable end.

We marched forward and none from amongst us requested rest.

To my left stood Sad ibn Abi Waqas with this arrows wrapped to his chest

To my right, Mus’ab ibn Umair, a companion from amongst the best

And Abdullah ibn Jahash was the only man known to me who begged Allah more than I to meet death

Soon afterwards, Allah exposed the deceivers from amongst us

The liars whose hearts were in a state of rust

They were the hypocrites who abandoned the battlefield to fulfill their lusts.

But I loved death more than they loved their lives

Or enjoying the company of their wives

And history will forever remember them as those who use to speak lies

Haneefah   

Subxanallah, I was just speaking of nifaq in politics. I remembered how in Light of Guidance, Shaikh Yasir spoke of the dangers of hypocrisy by highlighting how Allah subxanahuu watacala mentions the mu'minoon in 4 ayah's in the beginning of Al'Baqarah, the kaafiroon in two, and a whopping 13 ayas warning us about the evil and dangers of the munaafiquun and illustrating their signs so clearly (and in other suras as well such as taubah and almunafiquun).

Indeed Allah caza wajal will not permit us to enter jannah unless He differentiates the mukhliseen from the munaafiqs.

Thanks bro, for the reminder.

Ameen   

Assalam alaikum

SeekKnowledge, On the day of Uhud there were 300 men who abandoned the battlefield led my the leader of the hypocrites, Abdullah bin Ubai. As for there being any famous companions amongst those hypocrites? Allahu alem

Interestingly, every man wants to be remembered by history for something that they did but subhanAllah history forgets the names and lives of the majority of the munafiqeen whereas Allah preserves the work and lives of those who were pious. For example, how many books are around today that where written 700 or 800 or even 1300 years ago such as Imam Malik or Imam Ahmed and so on and so forth. Allahu alem and what I’ve written is just a reflection of my personal understanding regarding history.

Haneefah, subhanAllah sis I remember the Light of Guidance class that we took with Yasir Qadhi and till this day, that was my favourite Almaghrib class. Most recently I took the Breach of Covenant class which is the Tafseer of Surah Baqarah and SUBHANALLAH, no jokes…it was a scary class. Studying those ayaats you mentioned in Al-Baqarah regarding the hypocrites hit us hard and everyone of us could notice some of those signs. Some brothers were so scared and freaked out about the class after those ayaats, Walahi I did not see them comeback after the first weekend (well one brother particular didn’t come back)

But I hope everything is going good with you inshAllah