Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Afghan Rape Law

Nephissa   

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- "In Afghanistan, the sacrifice in the political game is women and children," female Afghan parliamentarian Fawzia Koofi said.

Koofi says that is exactly what happened when the Afghan parliament recently passed a bill intended to give the minority Shia community their own identity. But critics say the latest draft strips Shia women of rights as simple as leaving the house without permission from a male relative and as extreme as allowing a man to have sexual intercourse with his wife even when she says, "No."

These critics wonder how what amounts to rape in marriage could be passed by parliament and signed into law by President Hamid Karzai. continue

NGONGE   

^^ Don't fret, dear. You'll soon have the same privileges in Somalia.

Of course, in theory all this is ok and acceptable but we could easily guess how it will pan out in practice.

I have to admit though, I did like the bit about a woman making herslef available to her man every foruth day. He on the other hand only has to be there once every four months! :D

Khayr   

A few minutes ago I was reading an article that a modern afghan women wrote and she spoke about how the media was bombarding her with calls about this issue and how they were vaying for her attention. Well, when she told some of those media personalities, that she wanted to discuss how this was disproportioned coverage by the media and that things are not like how the media skewes them to be....well, she got a "we will call you back...click, click..."

In anycase, this is sensationalism at its best and how imperialism still exists in this world i.e. Colonial powers must exercise their powers in the affairs of ALL NATIONS that have a different culture, ethos, religious values...

FatB   

Lools @

"The wifey is not car that runs on gasoline'

am sure they are ways to fill that tank icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

Why would your wife say no, when you wana have a jiggy with her. I dont get it. does that happen.

The same way you don't feel like doing it all the time when she is ready ,,,,