Sign in to follow this  
Medley of extemporanea

Fat SOMALI WOMEN!

Modesty   

The lack of healthy food alternatives in Somali restaurants is shocking. No wonder we are getting fat! The pasta sauce loaded with oil, too much salt, and too much hilib. The only healthy food they include is the salad...laced with rich fattening dressing, and banana.I do notice some Somali girls are either skinny and out of shape or fat. The guys are either skinny, or in shape. This is because it's more culturally accepted for guys to go and do activities that help them keep in shape, like riding a bike or joining a gym.But, I also believe the Somali diet is not too bad because most of us eat home cooked meals, which are less processed.

P.S. I would advise all people to stay away from fast food restaurants, it's just asking for sickness.

Gorgeous   

Originally posted by Haniif:

Why don't they respect themselves and attempt to keep their dignity as human beings?

Unfortunately Haniif I didn't know that we measure our success as women and as individuals in todays society by our weight or appearances. I was taught that we should be measured by our CHARACTER not our size, and I still stick to that thought very strongly. Me being a Somali female having grown up in the western world has opened up my eyes to obesity and health issues of that sort, but I ask you dear Haniif why a fellow somali brother such as yourself can't phrase the question as a health issue rather than one that insults and degrades women in the process.. Or was that the real purpose in this forum

Please disregard all that stuff I said before; I was just saying that stuff to throw off the skino-fascists and fool them into thinking I was on their side.

The truth is I have a strong, uncontrollable attraction to "full figured" woman. I don't understand why everyone in America is attracted to anorexic, bulimic bone sacks that look like they would make a great extra in 'night of the living dead'. I love women with BMI’s over 30.

So, to all the full figured Somali women out there; know this HANIIF LOVES YOU .

Nephissa   

I think we should all watch that movie, 'Shallow Hal' again, and realize that we are all made up of the same insides. Some are just a little larger, and some are smaller.

I truly think the happiest of all of us are the ones who are only perfect from the inside out! Being a healthy weight is great, but when we are judged even if we are 10-15 pounds over what is the perfect model, then we arent 'quite right for them.' Imagine, climbing on the scale every day in front of someone and realizing that to take that 400 pounds down to a realist weight of 150 would require 250 pounds of weight! not to mention the minimum of over two years to loose it! But what do I know, I honestly don't know what being overweight is like, but I really don't think it would bother me much to be honest.

Show a little kindness people, look deep inside, sometimes what i see and what i hear makes me want to scream or cry ... sometimes we would all be so much better if we were all cloned.