Sign in to follow this  
roobleh

Beloved Abdisalaam Hereri: From BBC to VOA

roobleh   

The BBC/Somali service's expansion is not unique. Most of the other foriegn language services have expanded too. And it could have happened under anyone else's leadership. Just lets talk about the quality of the Somali service which under his leadership has slipped to a regretable position that even some Somalia and Somaliland based radios are becoming more popular than the BBC. Losing popular journalists such as Hereri is a sign of the slow death of the Somali service. All of those expansions are not worth the money when its quality is continuing to sink.

N.O.R.F   

Havnt listened to BBC for a long time and i'm trying to figure out if this Abdisalaan is in fact a man I know who worked for the BBC from the late 80s/early 90s (cant remember when).

Does anyone have a sound bite of his?

I heard Yussuf Garaad likes more cousins of his to work at the BBC. There are always many complaints of unfairness and bias in the bbc/somali news. Do you agree with that or it is just baseless accusations?

Employing your cousins is common among us --is not only Yusuf Garad do it---most somali higher-ups holding such managerial post either employee their cousins or they migh be high chance of tendency to employee their cousins-- in which we can say there are two factors causing it: their causins are pushing them to do so with treat of he will be assigned the name of " Nin jira maaha among his cousins " or he is trablistic.

In the case BBC quality--it is really diminshing, their competitors are bypassing---and if they change/improve their internal strategy as well external strategy ---their strong Brand will also be dimishing.

I heard Yussuf Garaad likes more cousins of his to work at the BBC. There are always many complaints of unfairness and bias in the bbc/somali news. Do you agree with that or it is just baseless accusations?

Employing your cousins is common among us --is not only Yusuf Garad do it---most somali higher-ups holding such managerial post either employee their cousins or they migh be high chance of tendency to employee their cousins-- in which we can say there are two factors causing it: their causins are pushing them to do so with treat of he will be assigned the name of " Nin jira maaha among his cousins " or he is trablistic.

In the case BBC quality--it is really diminshing, their competitors are bypassing---and if they not change/improve it's internal strategy as well external strategy ---it's strong Brand will also be dimishing.

beenbeensii1bt7.jpg

This picture was on my PC. I took it a few years ago in Landhan, at Bush House. These two gentlemen were reading the nighty news that evening live.

I vaguely think their names were Aaden hebel-hebel [the gentleman on the left] and Cabdirisaaq Xaaji Siraad [?] on the right.

Anyone recognize them and know if the names match still?

loooooooooooooooool :D:D

One looks like Abdilahi Mohamed Duáleh, the minister of foreign affairs, SL and the other one is just like Rayaale :D:D

Adiga advertisementka aad u heysid Waqooyi Galbeed meel walba mala soo gilinaa, haddiiba xataa laga hadleynin.

Mid ayaa Riyaale u eg kulahaa. Ookiyaal sideed indhood ah aa u baahantahay aan u maleynaa in laguu soo qoro. :D